good deal wrapup

Old May 28th 04, 01:15 PM
DOGGIE104

Default good deal wrapup

I knew my lot buy was a good deal. Sabbath, Chicago and Ten Years After Q8s
(and JHE) for less than half of this auction:

later, ron

Old May 28th 04, 01:28 PM
8-track Eye Candy

DOGGIE104 wrote:

I knew my lot buy was a good deal. Sabbath, Chicago and Ten Years After Q8s
(and JHE) for less than half of this auction:

later, ron

Congrats again on that Canadian lot. An hour after it was first listed,
I had contacted the guy to see if he would be willing to ship the
Sabbath quad only in a padded envelope, for $3, and he agreed. I didn't
spot the other quads in the lot! Then he goes and adds to the
description that there is a quad in the lot, and I figured it would go
sky high after the quad people started getting hits on it.

But surprisingly it only went up to $13, and I was still going to snipe,
but then I thought, nah, why pay $16 for a third copy of that quad? I'm
glad you got them all over the border! Nice deal.

Old May 29th 04, 10:26 PM
DOGGIE104

I didn't
spot the other quads in the lot!

Me neither!

I was still going to snipe,
but then I thought, nah, why pay $16 for a third copy of that quad?

Thanks for laying out.

Side note--I don't know who fishbulb is, or if he hangs out on this ng, but he
is constantly outbidding me on quads. Our tastes must be very similar.

Another side note--Hope I didn't crow too loudly for y'all, but this is the
best deal I've stumbled into since I found a quad Smokin' for 25 cents in
Metarie (sp?) five years ago. Broken splice, natch. I just don't find good
deals around here. The Texas sun has baked all the tapes down here. later,
ron
Old May 29th 04, 10:33 PM
Daniel & Kathy Gibson

DOGGIE104 wrote:

I didn't
spot the other quads in the lot!

Me neither!

I was still going to snipe,
but then I thought, nah, why pay $16 for a third copy of that quad?

Thanks for laying out.

Side note--I don't know who fishbulb is, or if he hangs out on this ng, but he
is constantly outbidding me on quads. Our tastes must be very similar.

Another side note--Hope I didn't crow too loudly for y'all, but this is the
best deal I've stumbled into since I found a quad Smokin' for 25 cents in
Metarie (sp?) five years ago. Broken splice, natch. I just don't find good
deals around here. The Texas sun has baked all the tapes down here. later,
ron

I blocked fishbulb from bidding on my quads a couple of years
ago....after he left a negative feedback disguised as a positive one. He
paid a couple of bucks for a decent Mancini quad..guess he did not feel
it was decent enough!

Ron, we are in Texas, and we will make you all kinds of good deals.
Swing by here, and I promise you you will leave with bunchs of tapes!

Dan
--

Daniel and Kathy Gibson
http://www.katestrackshack.com
Old June 1st 04, 12:54 AM
DOGGIE104

Ron, we are in Texas, and we will make you all kinds of good deals.
Swing by here, and I promise you you will leave with bunchs of tapes!

Dan

Hey Dan, some day I will visit the Track Shack, but not right now. It's about
a 24 hour round-trip from where I live in the Rio Grande Valley. I did send
Kathy a want list, no reply, reckon y'all don't have what I'm after. thanks,
ron
Old June 1st 04, 02:03 AM
Daniel & Kathy Gibson

DOGGIE104 wrote:

Ron, we are in Texas, and we will make you all kinds of good deals.
Swing by here, and I promise you you will leave with bunchs of tapes!

Dan

Hey Dan, some day I will visit the Track Shack, but not right now. It's about
a 24 hour round-trip from where I live in the Rio Grande Valley. I did send
Kathy a want list, no reply, reckon y'all don't have what I'm after. thanks,
ron

Hmmm...I just checked with her, and she did get it. This is the quad
want list, right? I am still checking to see if I have any of these.
Sorry that she no-responded, as she tries to send back at least an
acknowledgement!

Dan

Old June 2nd 04, 02:38 AM
DOGGIE104

Hmmm...I just checked with her, and she did get it. This is the quad
want list, right? I am still checking to see if I have any of these.

Yup. I just picked up Stormbringer, so knock that off the list!

Sorry that she no-responded, as she tries to send back at least an
acknowledgement!

Dan

No problem, dude. Looking forward to that cd! later, ron