Frank the Spammer has been NARUed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old January 19th 04, 02:53 AM
Gary Dorman

"RipCurl" wrote in
:

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
m...
So much time has passed, Frank, that it might clarify things if you
would briefly review the highlights of what Ebay claimed you did,
what you actually did, and whether Ebay applied any sanctions
against you. Plus any other details you feel are relevant. It just
seems so strange

fr
that Ebay would initiate any action against a registered seller
unless several people complained or the seller committed some sort
of administrative no-no.

Bruce

Ebay has gradually become less and less open, and as a user since
Mar.

1999,
it's
obvious that the reasons for these changes is to help ebay's bottom
line, not necessarily
it's users.

Ooh, beat ya but two months.

Back then, you could leave feedback without even making a
transaction.

Which was abused so they decided to change it for that reason. People
could post feedback to anyone, and the reason could not have
tranaction related. Good change.

Everyone's email was
available.

To spammers and their ilk. Good change.

Second-chance offers were made manually.

I rather relist and get the listings fees refunded.

If a bidder didn't
follow through, you
sent email to the under bidders until you found someone who
accepted.

Which basically was what eBay was not set up to do.

Of
course, ebay
didn't get a cut on these transactions!

Hey they are bsuiness. they saw holes in their "busienss" where they
lost money. What? YOu're against a business finding ways to make
money? Dont like eBay and their rules/practices, dont use them. eBay
will certainly not miss you.

Ebay started plugging the hole$ No email addresses as user names.
Email addresses only available
to people in a transaction.

Good. My first email address that was only used for ebay was
compromised by a spammer. To this day its still getting 85 emails a
day, none of them legit.

No links to your home page. No banners.

Good change.

Automatic second chance offers,
with ebay getting a cut.

Good, they are making money then.

Ebay forcing you to use their own mail system to
contact other members,
with a warning tag placed on every message about the "danger" of
transactions not made through
ebay (We cannot protect you otherwise!!)

Good, to prevent spammers and their ilk from making me pay for their
advertisements.

Ebay suing similar sites, like
bidbay. Ebay bought
Billpoint, then shut it down. Ebay bought half.com, shutting it down
shortly. Ebay bought PayPal,
went back on its "always free" promise, even charging credit card
rates of

2
to 3%
when no credit card is used. Before ebay bought Paypal, remember how
they used every
dirty HTML trick in the book to PREVENT sellers from using Paypal!

So they did the smart thing and bought it. What are you against
businesses from making money?

Dont like eBay and their rules/practices, dont use them. eBay will
certainly not miss you.

As recently as a two years ago, ebay told power sellers it was a good
idea to send an email to your
winning and non winning bidders to let them know about future
offerings,

as
long as they were on ebay.

Provide a link to this. As i know it and as it has been, spamming was
always against their policies.

Then a year ago, you had to start asking permission, by sending a
separate email to ask if they want
such mailings.

Good, so spammres and their ilk dont force me to pay for their
advertisements.

NOW they still want to to ask, but you CAN'T send a separate
mailing, but it's OK to
ask if you mail them about something else.

Uh yes you can. If you have a successful tranaction on ebay with a
customer, you politely ask them via the email if they want to be added
to your mailing list, or send a postcard (self stamped and addressed)
to have them fill out and mail back to you with their permission. No
postcard, no permission. No reply to email asking to be added, you do
not have permission to email them anymore. Your "relationship" ends
with that person once they recived their product they've paid for, or
they INITIATE a contact with you at a later date concerning your
auctions.

After I received a PHONE CALL from someone claiming to be from ebay

warning
me not
to send email to "their customers" but refusing to give any details
about what I supposedly sent,
or who complained.

Since we are not party to that phone call, it could have been anyone
posing as ebay since your information (phone number) could have beeen
obtaned by a former customer of yours to cause you trouble. Or simply,
you ****ed off the wrong person.

I send some email to ebay members. Many I have had their email
addresses

for
years before ebay
existed.

Fine, but if those "customers" thought you were emailing them about
Ebay auctions, that they had no desire to know about, they have every
right to complain. If you find the complaint fals,e the provide proof
to ebay (or the rest of the world ) that you and this customer have a
prior business relationship and that they agreed to getting emails
from you.

Sorry the burden of proof is on you.

But the reactions of the net-cops and Frank haters would have you
think I

am
sending a
24 hour stream of porn email to children!

Was waiting for you to resort to some sort of Godwin. Since the net is
self regulated by private companies peering with each other, we have
every right to police the hell out of it. If we see or receive
something objectionable, we report it. Do you stand by and watch as a
burglar crawls out of your neigbhors window with DVD player in hand
and run off? Or would you actually try to call the police at that
point?

Isn't that some form of "copping"?
Spammers steal our resrouces, money and WE pay for their
advertisements.

"If I get ONE EMAIL that I
didn't ask for, it's
SPAM." "I want to refute you in court!!" (Pardon me, but since you
never bought anything from
me, and I never sent you email, what is your complaint against me in

court?)
"Emotional distress!"

Dont rewrite the situation to prove your narrow scope of things.

In October, my account and 4 or 5 others of bidders who know each
other were NARU for "shill
bidding" until everyone could verify their address by fax. Most were
back up in a day
or two. At first it seemed like it was some automated ebay antifraud
program that
didn't like my pattern of many local bidders, but it was probably
the

usual
group of people with
nothing better to do than pore over auctions and conclusively declare
someone as a crook.

If something looks suspicious, its gonna get reported. YOU do have
competitors right? all it takes is a complaint from one of your coin
collector competitors. We dont care about your stupid coins, but
another coin dealer might. It happens. You proved that wasn't the
case. Live with it.

The NARU bidders have been accused of being my shills or
sockpuppets for years.

Then something is wrong with the busines you are in if it prompts such
reaction from eBay. Why dont you look closely at those sellers you are
in competition with?

I was off 3 weeks because my registered ebay address is a PO Box, but

that's
not the address on my driver's license or water bill. Never mind
that Meg Whitman
sends me a Powerseller certificate and mug to that address. Never
mind

that
that address
is on my web page.

Meg has as much to do with the customers of eBay as Bill Gates does
with customers of Microsoft.
I get my CC bill at a PO box, but my Cable bill comes to my personal
address. What, you dont like them verifying that you are who you say
you are?

Never mind that that address is listed with the ANA
dealer website.

That's not their job. You as a customer agreed to keep up to date
information and follow their rules, and they have everyright to check
that information to make sure its real.

Never mind that that address is verified with Paypal. Never mind
that I paid $5 for their
ID Verify service that shows that address.

My address at Paypal is not the same address as my physical residence.
HOw does Paypal verified address prove that you are who you say you
are?

I don't have a fax machine or fax modem so I had to drive to Kinko's
and

pay
to send
them a fax, along with explanations. They kept sending me canned
emails

"we
cannot
reinstate your account because your proof of ID does not match the
contact information that
you previously provided."

Such the cost of business.
Dont like eBay and their rules/practices, dont use them. eBay will
certainly not miss you.

I don't understand the mentality of people who think ebay's rules..of
the moment...are law.

Heard of contractual law?
Dont like eBay and their rules/practices, dont use them. eBay will
certainly not miss you.

If I refute what they say, I am just a liar.

Why? We already know you're liar. Spammers are liars. Its Rule #1.
You've been shown to be a spammer. You admitted that you spam.

If I take a break from the
newsgroups because my
head feels like it's going to explode every time I read usenet, then
it

all
must be true because I DON'T refute it.\

Dont like eBay and their rules/practices, dont use them. eBay will
certainly not miss you.

And can we PLEASE end this ridiculous thread?

Tell your bend over buddies to stop posting in your "defense" since
they are only making you look even more stupid than your original
posting. They dont provide much in way of "character" assessment of
you since they themselves come across as ignorant chutzpahs about the
net in general.

Tell them to take a class in ICS 101 at their local high school or
community college before spouting off what can and can't be done on
the net.

Hey, did you ever post a link to your own feedback as promised?
Old January 19th 04, 02:54 AM
Gary Dorman

(Wyates9339) wrote in
:

Interestingly, Frank got lots of support in private from people who
did not want to subject themselves to ridicule by publicly supporting
him. Bill Yates Rare Coins
Check my ebay listings
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ems&userid=*by

It's ashamed that people are willing to ataack other people
in public posts, yet afraid to stand up and express their support
in public.
Old January 19th 04, 03:03 AM
Phil DeMayo

Gary Dorman wrote:

Obviously a troll

Yes, you obviously are....now GO AWAY!

++++++++++
Phil DeMayo - always here for my fellow Stooge
When bidding online always sit on your helmet
Just say NO to counterfeits
Old January 19th 04, 05:07 AM
None

"Gary Dorman" wrote

It's ashamed that people are willing to ataack other people
in public posts, yet afraid to stand up and express their support
in public.

--------------------

It's a shame euthanasia isn't legal for people like you Frank.

oops, I mean Gary.

Old January 19th 04, 03:47 PM
Steve

"Gary Dorman" wrote in message
. 94...
(Wyates9339) wrote in
:

Interestingly, Frank got lots of support in private from people who
did not want to subject themselves to ridicule by publicly supporting
him. Bill Yates Rare Coins
Check my ebay listings
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ems&userid=*by

It's ashamed that people are willing to ataack other people
in public posts, yet afraid to stand up and express their support
in public.

PLONK

--POOF--

Old January 19th 04, 04:23 PM
Don Lancaster

Gary Dorman wrote:

"Frank Provasek" wrote in news:5QMCb.894$A07.549
@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com:

I am not going to respond to your bait. I sent 5 or 6 different personal
letters
to customers who had expressed an interest in acquiring additional items
if I got them in. I will not apologize for that.

Looks like good customer service to me, Frank.

Doesn't it depend on the goat?
--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
voice: (928)428-4073 email: fax 847-574-1462

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at
http://www.tinaja.com
Old January 21st 04, 07:04 AM
Curtis Desjardins

Gary Dorman wrote
"Frank Provasek" wrote

I am not going to respond to your bait.

You already have by responding to this thread. Again.

I sent 5 or 6 different personal letters
to customers who had expressed an interest in acquiring additional items
if I got them in. I will not apologize for that.

Looks like good customer service to me, Frank.

So's a blowjob, but I don't see you or Frank on your knees.

Curtis.

--
To the GED class of 1999, I have just one piece of advice for you...
there's no sex in Champagne Room. None.