Gel Refill for Montblanc Rollerball?

Old July 29th 07, 05:16 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Ray

Default Gel Refill for Montblanc Rollerball?

I'd liked to convert my Montblanc rollerball into a gel ball. I like
the rollerball, but I like gel balls even better. Is there a gel
refill that fits a Montblanc rollerball?

Old July 29th 07, 07:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Juhapekka Tolvanen

Ray writes:

I'd liked to convert my Montblanc rollerball into a gel ball. I like
the rollerball, but I like gel balls even better. Is there a gel
refill that fits a Montblanc rollerball?

Take refill of Pilot G-2. Remove that cap from its other end. Shorten
that translucent tube and put that cap back back to that open end.

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * http colon slash slash iki dot fi slash juhtolv
"Sou sa, ima mo ore wa mitsukerarenai sonzai no imi ga, dakara motto motto
Old July 30th 07, 06:41 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Brian Ketterling

In ,
Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:

Take refill of Pilot G-2. Remove that cap from its other end. Shorten
that translucent tube and put that cap back back to that open end.

I think it's the other way around -- a Montblanc refill is longer than a G2
refill. E.g.:

http://www.instructables.com/id/EWAM...71N2/?ALLSTEPS

So to put a G2 refill in a Montblanc, you'd have to find a way to lengthen
it.

Brian

Old July 30th 07, 02:05 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Ray

On Jul 30, 1:41 am, "Brian Ketterling" tweel6...@no-potted-meat-
products-peoplepc.com wrote:
,

Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:
Take refill of Pilot G-2. Remove that cap from its other end. Shorten
that translucent tube and put that cap back back to that open end.

I think it's the other way around -- a Montblanc refill is longer than a G2
refill. E.g.:

http://www.instructables.com/id/EWAM...71N2/?ALLSTEPS

So to put a G2 refill in a Montblanc, you'd have to find a way to lengthen
it.

Brian
--

Yep. I just found that out. The G2 refill is shorter than the
Montblanc rollerball refill. Even so, it won't fit, because it isn't

Old July 30th 07, 06:10 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Brian Ketterling

In ups.com,
Ray wrote:

...The G2 refill is shorter than the
Montblanc rollerball refill. Even so, it won't fit, because it isn't
threaded like the Montblanc rollerball refill. It simply wont insert
far enough into the pen. Even if you could insert it all the way, it
wouldn't be functional (at least without a spacer of some kind). It
would move up and down due its shortness and the lack of threading.

So it looks like you'd have to do something like swap the endcaps of the
refills and machine (turn down or tap) the lower step of the G2 refill --
which might not be possible, unless the plastic is really thick there.

Well, something might still turn up, so I hope other people read this
thread. I have a 1950s Waterman "Sapphire" ballpoint, and I thought
*nothing* current would fit it (it has an unusual form). I heavily modified
a Cross refill to fit... then found out a Cartier "Must" refill works.

Brian

Old August 3rd 07, 10:49 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Juhapekka Tolvanen

"Brian Ketterling"
writes:

In ,
Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:

Take refill of Pilot G-2. Remove that cap from its other end. Shorten
that translucent tube and put that cap back back to that open end.

I think it's the other way around -- a Montblanc refill is longer than
a G2 refill. E.g.:

Whoops! Actually I was thinking about that WWW-page but I remembered it
wrong way.

Old August 3rd 07, 11:11 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Juhapekka Tolvanen

Juhapekka Tolvanen writes:

"Brian Ketterling"
writes:

In ,
Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:

Take refill of Pilot G-2. Remove that cap from its other end. Shorten
that translucent tube and put that cap back back to that open end.

I think it's the other way around -- a Montblanc refill is longer than
a G2 refill. E.g.:

Whoops! Actually I was thinking about that WWW-page but I remembered it
wrong way.

Aha! When I read that page again, I come up to this suggestion: Take
that blue thing from Montblanc refill. Remove that black thing from
Pilot G-2 -refill and then put that blue thing to to that place.

Old August 4th 07, 03:01 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
mge

Check Yafa, they have refills for the MB in gel!
WWW.Yafa.com

ups.com...

Old June 25th 19, 11:01 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
[email protected]

On Saturday, July 28, 2007 at 10:16:58 PM UTC-6, Ray wrote:
I'd liked to convert my Montblanc rollerball into a gel ball. I like
the rollerball, but I like gel balls even better. Is there a gel
refill that fits a Montblanc rollerball?

A Monteverde USA Capless Gel Refill will perfectly fit a Montblanc Ballpoint Pen. Can be bought in fine, medium and broad points.
Old August 2nd 20, 04:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
[email protected]

Seconding this, but would also recommend the Schmidt 888 ( https://unsharpen.com/refill/schmidt...erball-refill/ ) for a cheap and reliable option.