Recording mp3's or wav's to 8-track

Old September 11th 06, 12:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
duty-honor-country

Default Recording mp3's or wav's to 8-track

DeserTBoB wrote:
On 7 Sep 2006 04:29:32 -0700, "duty-honor-country"
wrote:

This will also play the high-res Sony SACD disks, and DVD-A disks.
SACD comes very, very close to vinyl sound- but not quite. snip

It's lightyears further along in terms of fidelity, but Noodles thinks
6X9s in a car are "good speakers."

It has the higher 192 khz, 24 bit resolution- and you don't need a
patch cord to output it to your 8-track recorder- just use the RCA
jacks. snip

More proof Noodles is completely IGNORANT about the subject and is
bull****ting...yet again.

You're the one who never burned an 8-track or LP to CD-R, in your
life....

Old September 11th 06, 06:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 11 Sep 2006 04:34:15 -0700, "duty-honor-country"
wrote:

You're the one who never burned an 8-track or LP to CD-R, in your
life.... snip

Correction...EVERY worthwhile 8 track in my collection was burned to
CD-R using ProTools and a Sony writer....none of this "dumbbell"
software and Wally-Fart hardware like you use....idiotstick.
Old September 13th 06, 12:43 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
[email protected]

I just downloaded Spin It Again and I'm pretty impressed. I tested it
with a bootleg "36 Hits by the Original Artists" and used one of the
"tape Cleanup and EQ" settings and I am impressed. It boosted the bass
and treble and made it sound terrific! This would be good, don't you
think, if you find an impossibly rare tape- say "Velvet Underground &
Nico", but it's magnitized and you want it still use it. Just record
it with the program, use a clean-up setting and then redub it. Sounds
like it'd work. What's your take, Bob? (I know the results would
depend on how bad the original tape is.)

Old September 13th 06, 06:46 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Andy

pro tools is grate i use it daily.

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
"DeserTBoB" wrote in message
On 12 Sep 2006 16:43:04 -0700, wrote:

I just downloaded Spin It Again and I'm pretty impressed. I tested it
with a bootleg "36 Hits by the Original Artists" and used one of the
"tape Cleanup and EQ" settings and I am impressed. It boosted the bass
and treble and made it sound terrific! This would be good, don't you
think, if you find an impossibly rare tape- say "Velvet Underground &
Nico", but it's magnitized and you want it still use it. Just record
it with the program, use a clean-up setting and then redub it. Sounds
like it'd work. What's your take, Bob? (I know the results would
depend on how bad the original tape is.) snip

I prefer listening to the original, figuring out the impairments and
then just using various tools in ProTools to clean it up. No real way
to fix 8 track dropouts, which are common, but I can use high end
expansion to bury the bad tape hiss of 8 track. Most people prefer to
have a program do all this with "presets," but every original source
is different. You can get pretty close to a good (360 Kb/s) mp3 off
an 8 track, but not all the way. Of course, no 8 track anything will
ever sound as good as a good PCM digital copy.

Old September 14th 06, 12:57 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
[email protected]

Can someone post a link to the download page? I'm interested in trying
it- especially if I happen to run into a big-boobied blonde tart who
couldn't carry a tune in a bucket but it rests rather comfortably in
her (fake) cleavage.

Jessica Simpson anyone?

Did you hear this wench's cover of "these Boots Are Made For
Walkin'"??? OMG- all the lyrics were changed! The only things that
were the same were the chorus and the "c'mon boots, start walkin"
sections. I was also interested in hearing the new 'remake' of "Shake
aTail Feather" and it was the exact same thing- NONE of the original
lyrics were the same. Newsweek said it was a cover- I disagree becaus
efor it to be a cover, something of the original has to remain.

GRRRR!!!

Okay. Done now.

Old September 15th 06, 10:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
[email protected]

duty-honor-country wrote:
the key words there are "could have"

You don't know me! I could also be working with Win95. And also
working with Windows Media Center at the same time. You could have
honor and intelligence. Key words he "could have" indeed.

Other key words he "Blow me, Sock Puppet Boy".