Unscrupulous Dealers and Price Gouging in Seattle?

Old March 2nd 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

Default Unscrupulous Dealers and Price Gouging in Seattle?

On Mar 2, 12:39 pm, "seattle_bookseller"
wrote:
On Mar 2, 11:37 am, wrote:

On Mar 2, 11:34 am, "seattle_bookseller"

wrote:
On Mar 2, 9:08 am, wrote:

On Mar 2, 8:47 am, "seattle_bookseller"
wrote:

I have 94% + feedback on amazon, over 365 days. I have 99.6% +
feedback lifetime on ebay with the same customer service and
policies. My copies of 'Picatrix' are indeed genuinely brand new, as
I purchased them directly from the publisher.

Here is real feedback from Seattle_Bookseller:

What does feedback FROM Seattle_Bookseller prove?
That you compliment your buyers?

The feedback I cut and pasted is posted in public and was left BY MY
CUSTOMERS FOR ME.
You are incorrect in your statements.

That incorrect statement was yours, and I quoted it back to you.

Perhaps proofreading your posts would help get your point
across, and improve your business practices? Inattention
to detail is not a desirable trait in a bookseller.

I don't feed trolls.

Troll = someone who points out your error?

That makes 6%, or more, of your Amazon customers trolls?

Nice to know. I'm not a troll, but I'm also no longer a potential
customer.I

Old March 2nd 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
seattle_bookseller

Look in the mirror, Troll. I will not make a single further comment
to such a obvious and stunningly tedious Usenet Troll as yourself. Go
away now, hide under your bridge. Troll feeding station is CLOSED.

Old March 2nd 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
seattle_bookseller

wrote:

[...]

I most certainly do not need or want your business.

Old March 2nd 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bob F.

On Mar 2, 3:12 pm, "seattle_bookseller"
wrote:
Look in the mirror, Troll. I will not make a single further comment
to such a obvious and stunningly tedious Usenet Troll as yourself. Go
away now, hide under your bridge. Troll feeding station is CLOSED.

Yep, that's it. Anyone who calls you on your silly **** is a troll.
FYI I've been posting to this group for at least a decade.
Now go back to blaming the Post Office for your customers'
disatisfaction.

Old March 2nd 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bob F.

On Mar 2, 3:14 pm, "seattle_bookseller"
wrote:

I most certainly do not need or want your business.

If your Amazon feedback rating gets any lower you'll be paying people
to take your books off your hands.
If you want to know why your customers hate you, I suggest you examine
your attitude as demonstarted in your recent posts.

Old March 2nd 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
seattle_bookseller

wrote:

Look in the mirror, Troll. I will not make a single further comment
to such a obvious and stunningly tedious Usenet Troll as yourself. Go
away now, hide under your bridge. Troll feeding station is CLOSED.

Yep, that's it. Anyone who calls you on your silly **** is a troll.
FYI I've been posting to this group for at least a decade.
Now go back to blaming the Post Office for your customers'
disatisfaction.

A decade on usenet is the last thing in the universe I would brag of.
Its worse than and too often concomitant with three decades of living
in your mother's basement. But Trolls don't like the Light. I have
almost 200 books to pack and ship now - so long Troll.

Old March 2nd 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
seattle_bookseller

wrote:

I most certainly do not need or want your business.

If your Amazon feedback rating gets any lower you'll be paying people
to take your books off your hands.
If you want to know why your customers hate you, I suggest you examine
your attitude as demonstarted in your recent posts.

Gee, I still somehow have my 99.6% + on Ebay, whatever will I do? I
will go and pack up my 200 orders. Dude, I have a better rating than
POWELL'S BOOKS on amazon.

Old March 2nd 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bob F.

On Mar 2, 3:30 pm, "seattle_bookseller"
wrote:
A decade on usenet is the last thing in the universe I would brag of.
Its worse than and too often concomitant with three decades of living
in your mother's basement.

Hey dipstick, didn't you just get finished saying you weren't going to
respond to my posts?
You won't get far insulting the regulars of this group, most of whom
have been here as long, if not longer, than me.

But Trolls don't like the Light.

Troll = anybody who doesn't agree with you?

I have almost 200 books to pack and ship now

Yeah, sure!

- so long Troll.

Bye-bye asshole.

Old March 2nd 07, 09:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bob F.

wrote:

I most certainly do not need or want your business.

If your Amazon feedback rating gets any lower you'll be paying people
to take your books off your hands.
If you want to know why your customers hate you, I suggest you examine
your attitude as demonstarted in your recent posts.

Gee, I still somehow have my 99.6% + on Ebay, whatever will I do? I
will go and pack up my 200 orders. Dude, I have a better rating than
POWELL'S BOOKS on amazon.

DUDE?!?!?!?!
What are you, 12 years old?
No, that's an insult to 12 year olds everywhere.
I guess you're just an everyday, run-of-the-mill asshole with
delusions of grandeur!

Old March 2nd 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bob F.

On Feb 10, 10:18 am, "Stone Mirror (the Great and Terrible)"
I own a pristine copy of a volume titled "The Picatrix", published by
Ourobouros Press in 2001 in a limited edition of 1000 copies (mine is
#331). I'm doing an appraisal of the current value of this book, so I
searched Bookfinder to see what was listed there.

There are several copies listed, ranging in price from a low of $204
to a high of over $500 (the latter from a Seattle brick and mortar
store for a copy with a scuff on the cover!) One of the outliers,
pricing a copy at $430, was an outfit called "seattle_bookseller". I
wrote and asked why the price was so high, and got an amazingly
vituperative and abusive response, stating that this "WAS HOW THE RARE
BOOK BUSINESS WORKED" and that I "NEED A COURSE IN REMEDIAL ECONOMICS"
and so on.

seattle_booksellers subsequent posts proved that you are telling the
absolute truth.
He's a miserable ******* (not that that's neccesarily a bad thing) and
probably would not have been out of place on the old NYC 4th Avenue
"Booksellers Row".
BTW: Here's his latest feedbacl, a bit worse then he stated
(surprise!)
Feedback 30 days 90 days 365 days Lifetime
Positive: 96% 94% 94% 93%
Neutral: 0% 0% 1% 2%
Negative: 4% 6% 4% 5%
Count: 74 176 412 721

So 5% of his 721 sales (that's 36 buyers, folks) thought his service
sucked.
And 2% thought it just so-so (14 buyers).
That's at least 50 people out of 721 who were underwhelmed by his
books and/or service.
For a guy that claims to ship "almost 200 books" a day, he sure
doesn't have many customers, esp. happy ones!