Venezuela - just curious

Old August 4th 09, 01:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Default Venezuela - just curious

Does anyone here have or has seen a complete collection of the Venezuelan
'Arms' of the 50s? I have been collecting Venezuela since the 70s and have
never seen the complete series. Here is a Carabobo & Industry as an
example: http://cjoint.com/data/iecsQNypxm.htm
Just curious. TIA.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- http://www.amedialuz.ca/

Old August 4th 09, 01:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

I'd like to see that!

here is Zulia... and just air
http://cjoint.com/data/iecMrvzm60.htm

Old August 4th 09, 08:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

"Tony Vella" wrote in message
Does anyone here have or has seen a complete collection of the Venezuelan
'Arms' of the 50s? I have been collecting Venezuela since the 70s and
have never seen the complete series. Here is a Carabobo & Industry as an
example: http://cjoint.com/data/iecsQNypxm.htm
Just curious. TIA.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- http://www.amedialuz.ca/

As I recall this is the largest series of stamps ever issued.

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old August 4th 09, 09:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Indeed, it beats the "towns of Turkey".
But what about the Arnold's? are they classified as a "series"?

"Tony Clayton"
As I recall this is the largest series of stamps ever issued.

Old August 4th 09, 10:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
jerry

Hi Tony,

I have seen a complete set only once. That set was about 50% mint and
50% used. I have been collecting Venezuela for a while and still need
a lot of the issues. There have been several mint and used sets on
eBay and they are going for a lot more than Scott catalog value. I
used watching a used lot on eBay and I forgot to bid and I think the
lot is closed. I wonder now if I was bidding against you.

Contact me off line. I know a dealer in Colombia that may be able to
get Venezuela issues.

Jerry B
Old August 4th 09, 01:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Hi Jerry.

I have not been bidding on Ebay for quite some time now. A friend in BsAs
recently sent me an envelope with a couple of hundred Argentine Departmental
Officials and included a few Venezuelan Arms simply because he knew I liked
them. That's what brought that long series to mind. I have so very few of
them that just about any of them would find a good home in my Venezuelan
album. Maybe I shall start looking into Delcampe and Ebay -- I might also
check what interest in them is shown on the stampboards.

Incidentally Jerry, over the past couple of months I have tried contacting
you off-line but the emails came back undelivered. Maybe you can contact
me, then I will know for sure that I have a good email addy.

Old August 4th 09, 03:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
jerry

Hi Tony,

I sent an e-mail so you should have a good address.

Regarding South America, In the US it seems Brazil is the big
collecting area followed by Argentina, Colombia, Ecuador. You do not
hear too much about the other South American countries. Someone tried
starting a group for Venezuela and there were only 3 of us, including
the facilitator, so it was shut down.

Jerry B
Old August 4th 09, 10:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Aug 3, 8:20*pm, "Tony Vella" wrote:
Does anyone here have or has seen a complete collection of the Venezuelan
'Arms' of the 50s? *I have been collecting Venezuela since the 70s and have
never seen the complete series. *Here is a Carabobo & Industry as an
example: *http://cjoint.com/data/iecsQNypxm.htm
Just curious. TIA.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada --http://www.amedialuz.ca/

I have had a long-held interest in this series.
To my memory I have never seen a full set offered in
one placeat the same time (at any price).

I have been looking for years , and have only scratched
the surface on this set.

It would appear that you have to collect this issue state
by state. Then you must slog through your list one state
at a time. With stamps regularly selling above catalogue
value, it would be an expensive, time consuming task.

In comparison, the Turkish "towns" (they call it "country")
issue is readily available at a reasonable cost. That may
partly be due to a well organized philatelic sector in Turkey.

Blair
Old August 5th 09, 01:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Aug 4, 5:02*pm, Blair wrote:
[...]

Being unfamiliar with this Venezeula "Arms" issue I would like to know
how many stamps are in the series...and the Turkey series as well.
I thought the Machins might be largest series ever issued.

Ralphael, the OLD one
Old August 5th 09, 02:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

"Ralphael1" wrote in message
On Aug 4, 5:02 pm, Blair wrote:
[...]

Hi Ralph.

Regular issues plus air mails of the 'Arms' come to over 400 different.
Serious collectors insist that there are as many flaws and varieties in this
series as there are in the Portuguese Ceres. I have not done any homework
yet; I'm just holding on to every copy I get my hands on and hope to
eventually get to them when I'm through setting up my Argentine 'Initials'
and my French North Africa. It will make the perfect project for a long
Ottawa winter.

Oh yes, the Turkey series is something like 150 different.

--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada