Omas MOMA

Old November 5th 03, 07:51 AM
Juan

Default Omas MOMA

I decided to buy myself a present both for my birthday and for a new
job (you should try the experience of being a generation Xer, shifting
jobs all the time :-P), and -obviously- i decided on a new pen.
There were all those beautiful pens in the shop: a lot of pelikans,
conway steward, delta, almost every aurora optima available today, and
the new parker 100; but I chose a Omas MoMA, which is a pen I already
had!! I mean, it's exactly the same: hi-tech finish, fine nib, and
black, OC. My old MoMA has been filled with ink since I bought it
about 2 years ago (as well as my waterman charleston).

I love this pen!!! It's light as a feather, a great writer, piston
filler, the feel of omas resin, it holds a LOT of ink, a great nib,
and it is the only big pen that fits my hand. What else? I can't
imagine losing it, have it stolen or breaking it, which is why I
bought another one: I don't plan to keep it mint or as a spare. It's
right now in my pocket filled with ink, and It will rotate with the
rest of my pens.

Has any of you been through something similar? Buying a pen you
already had? (not for collecting or dealing purposes, that is)

Juan

Juan
Old November 5th 03, 01:57 PM
Kenneth D. Schillinger

The same thing happened to me , only the pen is a Stipula Baracca.
I treated myself to one, then when another Baracca came up for auction I
decided that I just had to have another.
The up side is that I now have one filled with PR DC Blue, and the other
filled with J Herbin Cyclamen Rose.
Best, Ken..

--
All files Coming and Going scanned by Norton AntiVirus 2003, by the shores
of Puget Sound.

om...

Old November 5th 03, 09:34 PM
Lex van Galen

I had a similar experience, but in this case with two identical vintage
English made Parker Duofolds, jet black, 1948, I purchased on eBay about
four weeks ago.
The two pens came from the same seller, but were advertised separately with
about ten minutes difference in 'end of auction'.
I had a tough bidding job on the first one because there were two other
bidders and I won the pen literally in the last second! Then I thought, Ok
lets have the other one also! The funny thing was that I had the second one
for a very low price because I was the only bidder. I wanted the second pen
mainly for parts in case something went wrong with restoring the first.
I just could not wait to work on the pens and only two days later... they
were almost like new again! I managed to take both of them completely apart,
cleaned and polished all the parts, repaired the nib of the second one: the
seller supposed it was 'lefthanded' but it was in fact just severely bended.
I placed new bladders and reassembled the complete set. The two pens are
identical, but the funny thing is that the one with the repaired nib is even
a slightly better writer. But both are smooth as silk (after some careful
polishing) and they write without any pressure, in fact better than most of
the new high end pens I own or tried.
I think I'm going to follow your way to fill both if them, each with a
different colour of ink and use them both of them as my 'daily
writers'...... until the next adventurous vintage pops up .....

BTW, Thanks Richard Binder, for the excellent essay about how to treat,
clean, grind and adjust precious nibs!
( look at http://www.richardspens.com )

Best regards to you all,
Lex van Galen, who is a newbie in this forum.... just lurking around now and
then, but enjoying to share his pen adventures with other addicts.

Lex

"Kenneth D. Schillinger" schreef in bericht
The same thing happened to me , only the pen is a Stipula Baracca.
I treated myself to one, then when another Baracca came up for auction I
decided that I just had to have another.
The up side is that I now have one filled with PR DC Blue, and the other
filled with J Herbin Cyclamen Rose.
Best, Ken..

--
All files Coming and Going scanned by Norton AntiVirus 2003, by the shores
of Puget Sound.

om...

Old November 6th 03, 03:09 AM
Nancy Handy

Juan wrote:
Has any of you been through something similar? Buying a pen you
already had? (not for collecting or dealing purposes, that is)

I bought a sweet ittle Filcao Mercury celluloid LE in the Harlequin
colors. The Harlequin-colored celluloid is so bright and festive making
that little pen so lovely that I could not bear the thought of losing
it. It reminds me of the little Monteverde lipstick pens, but much
prettier because of the celluloid. I bought another because they're not
being made anymore. I don't recall doing that with any other pen.

Now I keep one in my purse at all times and I don't worry about it.

Nancy

Omas Vespucci Red kcat Pens & Pencils 2 November 2nd 03 10:46 PM
Omas Celluloid Blue Royale w stub by Jerry Trafford FS Adam Rodman Pens & Pencils 0 August 13th 03 01:16 PM