Catalogue for South Australia officials?

Old August 13th 09, 12:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

Default Catalogue for South Australia officials?

It would have helped the discussion, if not your argument, if you had
quoted the year of publication of your catalogue. The previous
publisher of the ACSC did, it seems, produce an Australian States
listing. However, the current ACSC, which is what you would be
offered if you were to enquire for one, lists the States only as far
back as Federation. Insofar as there was at one time an ACSC that
covered the States, I must apologise for doubting you.

However, your reference to an antideluvian catalogue helps noone. Not
only is the information on the stamps contained in it outdated, but so
are the values. As to the detail in the listings, I note that the
catalogue you are quoting dismisses the rouletted Side Faces in nine
lines, whereas my Gibbons Commonwealth & British Empire Stamps
1840-1970 (2009 edition) devotes 31 lines to them, not counting errors
and the 10d on 9d surcharges. You might as well have directed the
reader to a 20 year-old Stamps of the World. If this is how you
catalogue and value your stamps, I'll be delighted to buy should you
ever put them up for sale.

The rest, I'll leave the other readers of this newsgroup to judge.

Tony Mac Gillycuddy
Old August 13th 09, 12:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

A good bunfight

What I failed to understand, is why the other fellow did not just
post an image of the cover or the company's preface sheet. That seemed the
earliest and easiest way to
support his argument.
I agree with your valuations argument, however there are some cases that
support
the retention of older catalogues, and would urge readers not to discard
them.

"Asia-translation"