AMI I 200 Problem

Old June 15th 07, 10:33 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default AMI I 200 Problem

Guys: I have a 1958 AMI I 200 jukebox and it has a problem with the
'pin pusher' mechanism. Whenever I choose a record, it will push the
pins for the following record, instead. For example: I choose D4 and
it will push the pins for D6 or I choose H16 and it will push the pins
for H18, etc. Happens every time and was like this when I got the
jukebox. I have read the manual but I am new to jukeboxes and cannot
fathom it out. Any help appreciated. Thanks.....

Old June 18th 07, 03:00 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
addled

Location: Centreville, VA

On Jun 15, 6:26 pm, (Joseph A. 'Tony' Dziedzic)
wrote:
You might want to note that you're cross-posting to several news groups ...

I responded to your post in rec.games.pinball.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

In article .com,

wrote:
Guys: I have a 1958 AMI I 200 jukebox and it has a problem with the
'pin pusher' mechanism. Whenever I choose a record, it will push the
pins for the following record, instead. For example: I choose D4 and
it will push the pins for D6 or I choose H16 and it will push the pins
for H18, etc. Happens every time and was like this when I got the
jukebox. I have read the manual but I am new to jukeboxes and cannot
fathom it out. Any help appreciated. Thanks.....- Hide quoted text -

Tony probably answered this but I couldn't find his post.

Fortunately, it is an easy problem to fix. The pin-pusher assembly
isn't positioned correctly. You'll need to losen the connector/collar
to the brass tube that runs underneath the turntable deck and comes
out in the center of the record basket at the rear. Then turn the
brass tube counter-clockwise until one of the two pin-pushers is
aligned with the next pin to left of where it is now. When you
tighten the collar there are two things to look for. Make sure you
have the correct distance between each pin and the ends of both pin
pushers (5/32 I think). Don't over tighten the collar, otherwise you
can deform the brass tube. And, if you don't have one, you need to
get a manual (Victory glass or other suppliers).

Mark

Old June 19th 07, 05:59 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

wrote:
[...]

It IS an easy adjustment, however if you follow the instructions above
I am afraid you will only make things worse (sorry Mark!).

The proper method to correct a miss-aligned sweep arm on the AMIs of
this period is to do the following - best done with the machine
unplugged:

1) slide mechanism back (butterfly wing nuts, and clamp released)
2) remove cover for pulse convertor.
3) identify the "Sparg Relay" and then push down on the lever arm so
the arm locks the sprag wheel - hold this in position with a small
screwdriver gently wedged (no bending!!!) into the now-existing gap
between an adjusting screw and the top front of the sprag relay lever
arm. (Find copy of service manual to identify parts)
4) go to the rear of the machine, and note the pin that the sweep arm
lever is centered over (choose one or the other arms, it doesn't matter.
5) loosen the pinch bolt just to the side of the center of the sweep
arm that clamps it to the brash tube that comes out the center of the
ferris wheel.
6) GENTLY rotate the sweep arm in the direction required to center the
sweep arm lever over the NEXT pin (if off by one pin), and gently rock
it back and forth to make sure it is centered on the pin
7) THIS IS CRITICAL - Tighten the pinch bolt - do NOT overtighten the
pinch bolt or you will break the aluminum casting!!!!
8) remove small screwdriver and test - you might now find it is TWO
selections off, but you now know which way to move the arm (I hope)!
9) if all OK then put the machine back together and enjoy!

Brag to your friends that you have fixed your jukebox...

John :-#)#
--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call

I HAVE A PROBLEM YYYVVV Basketball 0 September 20th 06 11:57 PM
i have a problem, need help. Gina Paper Money 0 May 7th 06 03:44 PM
Problem with r.c.c.? [email protected] Coins 6 March 24th 05 03:36 AM
smc 1 problem Chips4sle Juke Boxes 1 January 6th 04 03:00 AM
Problem s Vinkjm Paper Money 1 November 13th 03 01:33 PM