Bartering and Trading

Old May 29th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Bartering and Trading

An interesting event took place on the last day of school in my youngest
grandson's class. (He's 11.) His teacher had discovered a hummingbird's
nest in her yard and brought it to show the class. She decided to draw names
and give the nest to the winner. A girl won it, and after class, my grandson
tells me that he wanted it bad, so he offered to trade something for it.
They discussed some possibilities and he ended up trading her "a few pencils
and some blue paper" for it.

Many years ago when our daughters were about my grandson's age, they found a
hummer's nest in our yard. I cut it down and we enjoyed having it through
the years. I'm not sure whatever happened to it, but we haven't seen it in a
good while. I have missed having it, and have wished that I had another one.
When I learned that my grandson was in possession of a hummer's nest, my
ears stood straight up. (Well, not literally, but you know what I mean.) To
make a long story even longer heh, I now have the nest and he has an
uncirculated roll of 1995 Kennedy halves in its place. Both of us are
happy!

Here's my newest "numismatic acquisition." :-)

http://www.freshonmymind.com/hummer/hummer.jpg

Amistad
'small things can provide large portions of joy...'

Old May 29th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Amistad" wrote in message
[...]

Your grandson sounds like a Donald Trump in the making. He basically sold "a
few pencils and some blue paper" for $10 bucks. Heh. Good for him!

John

Visit the RCCers favorite coins web page
http://mysite.verizon.net/jcarney44/coins/rccers.html

Old May 29th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Amistad" wrote in message
[...]

I do believe I can make out the words "half do...." and "1921" on it.

Bruce

Old May 29th 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Mon, 29 May 2006 15:17:17 GMT, "Amistad"
is alleged to have written:
[...]

Hmm....maybe I should auction the ones in my yard on Ebay. I've had to
set up another feeder, as one male defends one of the feeders
aggressively. But the babies are cute, they look like bumblebees.

Bruce (Only get Ruby Throated up here)

ANA R162074
EAC 3606

To email me, remember that RoadRunner
and Coyote do not mix.
Old May 29th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Mon, 29 May 2006 15:17:17 GMT, "Amistad"
did carve unto the very living rock upon
which we now stand:

[...]

Here's a guy who wants to trade up as well:

http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com/

His goal is to trade one red paperclip for a house and he's well on
his way!

Steve
Buy the book before the coin
don't forget to *READ* the book after you've bought it!
It doesn't do anything just sitting on the shelf

(remove ATTITUDE to reply via e-mail)

It's more than you think:
http://www.premierpersonalization.com
Old May 29th 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Amistad wrote:
[...]

Hey now, what about the now homeless hummer? What'd he/she get?

--
JMark
Old May 30th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

wrote:

[...]

I was expecting just a simple nest. This, my friend, is a work of
art! I love the colors and textures of the nest, the twig, and the
'mushrooms'.

Reclining Buddha

The Original Couch Potato!
Old May 31st 06, 02:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Reclining Buddha dropped by to offer these words:
I was expecting just a simple nest. This, my friend, is a work of
art! I love the colors and textures of the nest, the twig, and the
'mushrooms'.

Yes, those little hummers are indeed amazing in what they can construct
during the process of reproduction! The other nest that we had for so long
was one that I liked better than this. It was anchored into a forked limb,
and I retained a few inches of the wood when I cut it down. But it is a
pleasure to have this little jewel hanging here on my computer room wall
with all of the other "oddball" stuff that I've gathered up from here and
there. ;-)

Amistad
'enjoying this little treasure immensely!'