new lady liberty misperf

Old January 22nd 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Default new lady liberty misperf

Has anyone seen a Non Denominated Lady Liberty Flag stamp that is perforated
down the middle of the stamps instead of the edge ?

I have a roll of 100 and I'm curious if they're worth anything ?

Well besides the obvious,

$39.00 lol

Old January 22nd 06, 06:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Scott wrote:
Has anyone seen a Non Denominated Lady Liberty Flag stamp that is perforated
down the middle of the stamps instead of the edge ?

I have a roll of 100 and I'm curious if they're worth anything ?

Well besides the obvious,

$39.00 lol

All depends upon what you're willing to pay fo rthem. Look at this eBay
auction for example. It's up to $127.50 and climbing for a misperf'd up
the middle roll of 100. John

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-MisPerf-Lib...QQcmdZViewItem

Old January 22nd 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Are you the person mentioned in
http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate...n/13646103.htm

If not, there are now at least two rolls.
As the article states, it is too early to detremine value

Bye
Jan

"Scott" schreef in bericht

Old January 22nd 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

I had a hunch they wereG. I'm really surprised they have the bids
they do already. Who knows, your reserve may just be met, depending
upon how much you set.
John

Old January 23rd 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

If I were you, I'd put them in a safe place and just wait. This early in
the game they're not likely to command a lot of money. But, if there are
very few of these and collector interest is high as a result, the value MAY
go significantly higher.

Old January 24th 06, 09:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Has anyone seen a Non Denominated Lady Liberty Flag stamp that is perforated
down the middle of the stamps instead of the edge ?

Not yet, except on the web page which was mentioned in this
discussion.

If I were you, I would have used a few of these misperforated
stamps on letters to relatives or acquaintances - I'm sure such
an item would appear more interesting to a collector than a
roll of unused stamps.

Jan-Martin