Hinges

Old October 20th 03, 02:05 AM
Grandpa

Default Hinges

I've noted the few hinges available and they are basically all the same,
a folded paper thats gummed. When I bought the clear acid free picture
holders I intend to use for my Arctic Tundra page, I noted that they
also had some white acid free 'hinges' if you will for the back of
pictures - same company as for the picture corner mounts. They are
flat, not folded and look to be used in that manner. Has anyone used
this for stamps? If it works, don't fix it, right? Just curious as
they don't require soaking to remove them, at least not in the short
termG, however they do cost 5 times as much as normal hinges. Just
gathering info and opinions for future reference and as always, thanks
for your input.

Old October 20th 03, 04:41 PM
Dakota

I've noted the few hinges available and they are basically all the
same,
a folded paper thats gummed.

This is correct!

When I bought the clear acid free picture
holders I intend to use for my Arctic Tundra page, I noted that they
also had some white acid free 'hinges' if you will for the back of
pictures - same company as for the picture corner mounts.

I'm not sure exactly which brand this is - but it doesn't matter. They
all suck!

The only tolerable (barely) hinges available today are the Dennis -
but only for used stamps - there is no decent modern hinge available
for gummed stamps - NONE!

If you want hinges then you'll have to search out the "OLD" Dennison
(not Dennisen) or the "OLD" Fold-O-Hinge by Cohn...(not the new) by
Unitrade.

Handshakes,

Dakota

Removing hinges (Newbie question) Paranoid Amoeba Worldwide Stamps 2 July 30th 04 10:08 AM
Hinges John O'Brien General Discussion 5 September 11th 03 09:51 AM
Starter Kit hhandson General Discussion 13 September 2nd 03 02:49 AM
Good hinges ? Craig General Discussion 15 August 3rd 03 10:15 PM
Stamp condition Craig General Discussion 4 July 13th 03 03:46 PM