Stamp ID Please Germany

Old October 23rd 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Treacan

Default Stamp ID Please Germany

I'm not sure if this is a postage stamp. I can't seem to find a
perforated version of this in the Scott catalog. Its been cancelled so
it has been on an envelope obviously.
Ben.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../CF/GRM-QQ.jpg

Old October 23rd 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Terry Reedy

"Treacan" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm not sure if this is a postage stamp. I can't seem to find a
perforated version of this in the Scott catalog. Its been cancelled so
it has been on an envelope obviously.
Ben.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../CF/GRM-QQ.jpg

It looks like it is from a postage machine that printed the denomination as
requested. Sort of a pictorial meter without a date (until cancelled).

Old October 23rd 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Roger Pryor

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 20:33:43 -0400
"Terry Reedy" wrote:

"Treacan" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm not sure if this is a postage stamp. I can't seem to find a
perforated version of this in the Scott catalog. Its been cancelled so
it has been on an envelope obviously.
Ben.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../CF/GRM-QQ.jpg

It looks like it is from a postage machine that printed the denomination
as requested. Sort of a pictorial meter without a date (until
cancelled).

Hi:

It is a printed postage label, you will find them (a lot of different
ones) in the Michel catalogue. Not valuable.

Roger Pryor Email:
Vancouver, Canada
Old October 23rd 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

G'day Ben,
these are machine dispensed stamps, referred to as "Framas"
many countries have them, perhaps Google using "Frama"
http://cjoint.com/data/kxdhu05gWr.htm

oups.com...

Old October 23rd 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Here is an image of a Frama machine from South Africa

http://cjoint.com/data/kxdmstmFgf.htm

FYI Australia has recently ceased their usage, and celebrated
the event with "Farewell Frama's" issue.

HTH

oups.com...

Old October 23rd 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Here is the flyer from within the cover,
which explains the genesis of the term "Frama"
http://cjoint.com/data/kxdNTahjFe.htm
HTH

Old October 23rd 06, 06:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jay T. Carrigan

Frama is the name of the Swiss company that make the machines
that print and dispense postage labels.

The German labels were produced by machines made by Klüssendorf.

The generic term that I'm used to using for this product is ATM
(from Automatenmarken).

Jay Carrigan change domain to mchsi
www.jaypex.com

In article ,
says...

G'day Ben,
these are machine dispensed stamps, referred to as "Framas"
many countries have them, perhaps Google using "Frama"
http://cjoint.com/data/kxdhu05gWr.htm

roups.com...

Old October 23rd 06, 06:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Hmmm, I thought that may be the case,
even though Frama seem to have a wide geographic spread.
Certainly in Australia, the term Frama has widespread useage.
"Peel and stick" "self adhesive" stamps endure the same
differing generic terms.
"ATM" here means "automatic (bank) teller machine"

"Jay T. Carrigan" wrote in message
Frama is the name of the Swiss company that make the machines
that print and dispense postage labels.

The German labels were produced by machines made by Klüssendorf.

The generic term that I'm used to using for this product is ATM
(from Automatenmarken).

Jay Carrigan change domain to mchsi
www.jaypex.com

In article ,
says...

G'day Ben,
these are machine dispensed stamps, referred to as "Framas"
many countries have them, perhaps Google using "Frama"
http://cjoint.com/data/kxdhu05gWr.htm

roups.com...

Old October 23rd 06, 07:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

This was a good site for the classifier "ATM"
http://www.stamps.net/philspec.htm

It also allowed me to discern the difference between the
French ATM's (which I thought I had) and the very similar
"immediate despatch label" which they turned out to be,
two different animals.

"Jay T. Carrigan" wrote in message
Frama is the name of the Swiss company that make the machines
that print and dispense postage labels.

The German labels were produced by machines made by Klüssendorf.

The generic term that I'm used to using for this product is ATM
(from Automatenmarken).

Jay Carrigan change domain to mchsi
www.jaypex.com

In article ,
says...

G'day Ben,
these are machine dispensed stamps, referred to as "Framas"
many countries have them, perhaps Google using "Frama"
http://cjoint.com/data/kxdhu05gWr.htm

roups.com...

Old October 23rd 06, 11:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

"Treacan" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...
I'm not sure if this is a postage stamp. I can't seem to find a
perforated version of this in the Scott catalog. Its been cancelled so
it has been on an envelope obviously.
Ben.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../CF/GRM-QQ.jpg

Hi Ben,

in the Michel Catalogue You can find this stamp as "Automatenmarke" Michel #
2, Type 2.1 from a Nagler machine (not Klüssendorf, not Framas). This stamps
are issued ince 1993. Denomination is in "Pfennige".

Michel catalogue value is 1.00 Euro.

kind regards

Gerhard