Shipping services

Old October 19th 06, 05:34 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
The Doctor

Default Shipping services

I'm looking to purchase a juke around 1000 miles from where I
live....can't really justify driving there to pick up in person. Has
anyone on the group had any experiences good or bad , with a particular
shipper? This box is a Seeburg R, pretty decent shape, I don't want it
to get too banged up in transit. BTW, what does that machine weigh? I
figured about 375lbs? Thanks for any help you can provide~! Norm

Old October 19th 06, 03:44 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Jukebox Junkyard

Norm: Where are you and where is box located?

Old October 19th 06, 07:50 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

Norm,

Any common carrier has it's good and bad sides, days, employees, etc. and proper preparation for shipping is more important.

You can try Eric at www.machinemover.com for a quote and his schedule. He travels cross-country moving coin-op equipment much like a moving company. Each unit is wrapped in movers quilts and transported door to door. However, you have to wait on his schedule to fit you in.
Old October 19th 06, 08:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
The Doctor

I'm in Connecticut and the box is in Georgia....I mapquested it at 1000
miles..Norm

Old October 19th 06, 11:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
wdlanning

I suggest North American Specialty Transport....I did not have a good
experience with machinemovers...
oups.com...

Old October 19th 06, 11:40 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter

Exactly the opposite for me.
I've had 2 valuable woodrail pins pretty much destroyed by North American,
plus they NEVER show up when they promise! Read the threads at
http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...ll&qt_s=Search

I realize that Eric (machinemover.com) has some logistics problems too, but
I'd rather get a machine in undamaged, protected condition a few weeks late
than to have it show up destroyed and then dropped off the back of a Ryder
rental truck into 2 feet of snow like the NAVL IDIOTS did!
Especially when it's a valuable juke or woodrail pin that is hard or
impossible to replace!

"wdlanning" wrote in message
. ..
I suggest North American Specialty Transport....I did not have a good
experience with machinemovers...
oups.com...