"Heart-warming experience" - for chilling phonies!

Old July 8th 05, 10:05 PM
Bob

Default "Heart-warming experience" - for chilling phonies!

Buried mysteriously in the Medieval coins section is this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...em=3D8316 27=
9096

"Our goal is:

=A7To provide you a heart-warming experience through this auction.

ATTENTION:If something does not work out accordingly; please contact us
in time to decide a solution to alter your discontent.

All the things can be solved, please do email me with your questions if
you have dissatisfactory!

DESCRIPTION OF THE ITEM

These are great valuable coins. Hope you can like them."

The auction is for 8 bogus copper-nickel dollar-size coins, including a
"1799" dollar, Trade Dollar, and Liberty Seated dollar. No bids yet.

Bob Leonard

Old July 8th 05, 10:11 PM
Anita

"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...

The auction is for 8 bogus copper-nickel dollar-size coins, including a
"1799" dollar, Trade Dollar, and Liberty Seated dollar. No bids yet.

They look like they are sealed in sheets of some mint envelopes. Guess
anyone can seal coins in envelopes, but the pictures adds a bad taste of
fraud in my mind. But at least my heart is warmed :-S

Anita

Old July 8th 05, 10:15 PM
Larry Louks

"Bob" reported to the group, in part:
The auction is for 8 bogus copper-nickel dollar-size coins, including a
"1799" dollar, Trade Dollar, and Liberty Seated dollar. No bids yet.

Looks like the seller has been very successful in dumping those fakes from
China to the unsuspecting out there. I note that he has 160 positive
feedbacks, and no negatives. Likely he is one of the "heroes of the trade"
in that part of the world, who is probably emulated by many a newcomer with
visions of big bucks dancing in their heads. ;-)

Larry
'nostalgia can be one's "hole card" in the right crowd'

Old July 8th 05, 10:15 PM
Anita

"Anita" wrote in message
.. .
"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...

They look like they are sealed in sheets of some mint envelopes. Guess
anyone can seal coins in envelopes, but the pictures adds a bad taste of
fraud in my mind. But at least my heart is warmed :-S

Oh, I see they are in an album. Hope that the plastic is inert. I would hate
to damage those beautiful silver coins

Anita

Old July 8th 05, 10:21 PM
Anita

"Larry Louks" wrote in message
.. .
Looks like the seller has been very successful in dumping those fakes from
China to the unsuspecting out there. I note that he has 160 positive
feedbacks, and no negatives...

It is actually tempting to see if a penny would purchase those fakes, since
fakes are interesting. But who knows how much postage would be? I didn't see
it in the TOS. And I'm not interested enough to ask.

Anita

Old July 8th 05, 10:39 PM
Larry Louks

"Anita" mused aloud:
It is actually tempting to see if a penny would purchase those fakes,
since fakes are interesting. But who knows how much postage would be? I
didn't see it in the TOS. And I'm not interested enough to ask.

I just now dropped a note on the wire to him (just for the heck of it),
inquiring about the shipping cost. FWIW, I'm still pondering on just what
the "tenet of the ministrant" is in that auction. ;-)

Larry

Old July 8th 05, 10:53 PM
Anita

"Larry Louks" wrote in message
.. .
...FWIW, I'm still pondering on just what the "tenet of the ministrant" is
in that auction. ;-)

I figured that it was an esoteric thing beyond my understanding... or that
it was a monthly thing :-)

Anita

Old July 9th 05, 01:29 AM
Phil DeMayo

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 21:21:01 GMT, "Anita" wrote:

It is actually tempting to see if a penny would purchase those fakes, since
fakes are interesting.

Interesting enough to knowingly import counterfeit coins into the US?

Old July 9th 05, 03:28 PM
Lee

Until they are in hand, they can't be definitively declared
counterfeit - maybe they are unknown die varieties ;-)

Lee C.