"First Time Luck", or "Fairly Common?"

Old June 29th 04, 03:09 AM
Larry Louks

Default "First Time Luck", or "Fairly Common?"

Hi Folks,

I made my first submission to NGC a couple of weeks ago. I sent in ten
commemorative dollars -- two Proof L & C, six UNC L&C, and two UNC First
Flight. I got them back today. To my happy surprise, one Proof, one FF, and
three L&C came back as 70's. (The other five were graded 69.)Since this is
my first endeavor with having something slabbed, did I do unusually well, or
is it rather common to get a handful of 70's out of ten coins submitted?
Thanks for any insight you'd care to offer!

Larry
'pumped, stoked, and jazzed!'

Old June 29th 04, 04:06 PM
WinWinscenario

did I do unusually well

Ten coins, 5x69, 5x70.

I'd say you did extremely well.

Regards,
Tom
Old June 30th 04, 02:24 AM
Larry Louks

"WinWinscenario" wrote in message
Ten coins, 5x69, 5x70.

I'd say you did extremely well.

Thanks for the reply. I believe that I did exactly that, Tom! I'm pumped!

Larry
'wondering if I should slab more'

Old June 30th 04, 04:38 PM
Harv

"Larry Louks" wrote in message
Hi Folks,

I made my first submission to NGC a couple of weeks ago. I sent in ten
commemorative dollars -- two Proof L & C, six UNC L&C, and two UNC First
Flight. I got them back today. To my happy surprise, one Proof, one FF,

and
three L&C came back as 70's. (The other five were graded 69.)Since this is
my first endeavor with having something slabbed, did I do unusually well,

or
is it rather common to get a handful of 70's out of ten coins submitted?
Thanks for any insight you'd care to offer!

Larry
'pumped, stoked, and jazzed!'

You did unusually well. Congratulations. After I got my two Edison Dollars,
I gave them a good going over with a magnifier, found a tiny tick on each
one and decided there's no way either would be a 70. I thought the Lewis and
Clark dollar in the Coin And Currency Set I opened had a chance at a 70 but
I sold the set intact. When it comes to paying that gambling fee to see if a
coin is going to come back 69 or 70, you just never know. A year or so ago I
handed NGC four 2000-W Library of Congress BiMetallic Uncs. at a show. Two
came back 69. Two came back 70. Although I got really good money for them, I
wish I still had those 70s.. even though their population has gone up, they
sell for more now than they did a year ago. Sometimes..

NGC publishes their Population Report for anyone to see at ngccoin.com. Go
look and see how loose or tight they have been with the coins you submitted.

Harv

--
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the
best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the