your best sounding 8-track

Old October 5th 03, 11:37 PM
lennon fan

Default your best sounding 8-track

To bring this back to what the group is about, What is your best
sounding 8-track? For me, it's a tough choice, but for a stereo 8 it
would be the UK Beatles Abbey Road, quad 8 vote goes to Steve Miller Fly
Like An Eagle.
So what's yours?
(and if you insist on a flame, I promise it will get nothing more than a
yawn)

Old October 6th 03, 12:56 AM
TC8trax

"lennon fan" wrote in message
To bring this back to what the group is about, What is your best
sounding 8-track? For me, it's a tough choice, but for a stereo 8 it
would be the UK Beatles Abbey Road, quad 8 vote goes to Steve Miller Fly
Like An Eagle.
So what's yours?

I have listened to many, and besides the BARE NAKED LADIES 8-track I
recorded myself on a TDK AD cart...

The best sounding FACTORY made 8-track cartridge would have to be....

Santana - SANTANA III (The one with No one to depend on) SUPER SOUND!!
Made in the USA on a audiopack by CBS records-tapes.

TC8trax

Old October 6th 03, 02:17 AM
Daniel & Kathy Gibson

TC8trax wrote:

"lennon fan" wrote in message
To bring this back to what the group is about, What is your best
sounding 8-track? For me, it's a tough choice, but for a stereo 8 it
would be the UK Beatles Abbey Road, quad 8 vote goes to Steve Miller Fly
Like An Eagle.
So what's yours?

I have listened to many, and besides the BARE NAKED LADIES 8-track I
recorded myself on a TDK AD cart...

The best sounding FACTORY made 8-track cartridge would have to be....

Santana - SANTANA III (The one with No one to depend on) SUPER SOUND!!
Made in the USA on a audiopack by CBS records-tapes.

TC8trax

Best sounding factory stereo cart.....Knillsson (english release)

Best sounding factory quad cart...Nilsson Schmilsson

Yeah, tonight it is all about Harry.

Danno
--

Daniel and Kathy Gibson
http://www.katestrackshack.com
Old October 6th 03, 06:01 PM
Dan Fisher

Daniel & Kathy Gibson wrote in message ...
TC8trax wrote:

"lennon fan" wrote in message
To bring this back to what the group is about, What is your best
sounding 8-track? For me, it's a tough choice, but for a stereo 8 it
would be the UK Beatles Abbey Road, quad 8 vote goes to Steve Miller Fly
Like An Eagle.
So what's yours?

I have listened to many, and besides the BARE NAKED LADIES 8-track I
recorded myself on a TDK AD cart...

The best sounding FACTORY made 8-track cartridge would have to be....

Santana - SANTANA III (The one with No one to depend on) SUPER SOUND!!
Made in the USA on a audiopack by CBS records-tapes.

TC8trax

Best sounding factory stereo cart.....Knillsson (english release)

Best sounding factory quad cart...Nilsson Schmilsson

Yeah, tonight it is all about Harry.

Danno

This is kinda weird but I was thinking about this the other nite and
the best sounding one I listened to in awhile was "Best of Santana".
The highs and lows were all perfect, and everything was clear as a
bell!!! I played a number of carts after it and they all sounded dull,
especially a Bob seager tape I really like. I may have to retape over
it!
Dan F.
Old October 7th 03, 10:04 AM
Davetta Lashley

How do you guys feel about making digital dubs on 8-track tapes?

Some people feel that it's "cheating" if you don't use an analog sound
source to record from. How does everybody feel about this?

This is kinda weird but I was thinking about this the other nite and
the best sounding one I listened to in awhile was "Best of Santana".
The highs and lows were all perfect, and everything was clear as a
bell!!! I played a number of carts after it and they all sounded dull,
especially a Bob seager tape I really like. I may have to retape over
it!
Dan F.

--
Davetta

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits 'em - I don't give a f**k how
crazy they are!" - George Clooney as "Seth Gecko" in "From Dusk Til Dawn
(1996)"

om...

Old October 7th 03, 12:39 PM
lennon fan

yes, the Nilsson Schmillson quad is a great one
Come to think of it, most RCA quads were pretty good....same with the
dolby B columbia quads.

As far as making 8's from a digital source, I'm all for it. Many
releases these days aren't even released in an analog format, also many
digital releases are mastered too bright so throwing them into an analog
medium tames them a bit, sometimes actually making them sound better

The TDK AD tapes really are incredible, they should have been the
industry standard.

Old October 8th 03, 02:38 AM
The Poodlebutt

My best sounding 8 is whatever happens to be in the deck. If it don't
sound good, I'll take it out.

http://www.nmr.nl/deins815.htm
Old October 8th 03, 02:53 AM
Daniel & Kathy Gibson

The Poodlebutt wrote:

My best sounding 8 is whatever happens to be in the deck. If it don't
sound good, I'll take it out.

http://www.nmr.nl/deins815.htm

That link is pretty funny AND gross at the same time!!!

Old October 8th 03, 02:58 AM
Danspeakin

Subject: your best sounding 8-track
From: (The Poodlebutt)

http://www.nmr.nl/deins815.htm

Good one Paul. What exactly were you looking for when you came across this?
Dan 1.5
Old October 8th 03, 03:01 AM
a_bicchieri

The Poodlebutt wrote:

My best sounding 8 is whatever happens to be in the deck. If it don't
sound good, I'll take it out.

http://www.nmr.nl/deins815.htm

Homesexual Necrophilac Drake - now there's a great band name.