A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Juke Boxes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Rockola 474 - Sybris

Old November 8th 12, 03:05 PM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Nov 2012
Unhappy Rockola 474 - Sybris

I have seen a similar post but with no resolve. Any insight will be much appreciated!

I have a Rockola 474 that when you select the first digit the 1st digit indicator light is lit. Then selecting the 2nd digit the second digit indicator light is lit. When you select the 3rd digit, the write motor starts to turn on the wobble plate side but it will stop short of making any selection. The first 2 digits will then stay stuck down on the keypad and simply pushing the reset button will not release the lock silonoid.

I have tried swapping the write-in and stop relays with each other and going the extent to swapping them with an identical sybris. I have also cleaned the contacts on the wobble plate as these are a common problem.

If i manually make a selection on the right hand of the wobble plate , if the unit is in operation mode, the jukebox will proceed in searching for that record, pick it up and play it. Thus I am confident that the carriage motor is good as well as the other motors.
Ads
Old November 12th 12, 03:56 PM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Oct 2010

Hello

I have fully restored one of these machines myself, and will try to help you.

To clarify a few things.

1) You say the write-in motor starts to turn after the third button is pressed, but it stops short of making a selection. Does it stop at the same place every time ?

2) when the reset button is pressed, are the 1st and 2nd digit lights extinquished ? and are all buttons released ?
You mention the first 2 digits stuck down ! Do you mean the third digit ?

The sequence should be ...

First button - 1st digit light
Second button - 2nd digit light and lock solenoid operated on the buttons release
Third button - Write-in motor starts, button stays locked down until write-in process completed (pin flipped on pin bank)

3) with the machine in the rest position when manually flipping some levers on the pin bank are these selections all played in order and the pins reset afterwards, with the machine coming to a stop normally ?

Do any of the circuit breakers trip at any time during any operation ?

Regards

Pete

Last edited by g0pkh : November 12th 12 at 03:58 PM.