1937 Nazi Book

Old September 18th 04, 02:09 AM
AMSNYD

Default 1937 Nazi Book

Ok, my dad has this book I was wondering about. My mother bought a bunch of
German books at a garage sale or an auction or something. They were mostly
books on learning the language, but we found this one titled "Monatshefte fur
N.S. Sozialpolitik" and it's for the year 1937. On the inside title page it
says "Monatshefte fur NS.-Sozialpolitit' Mit Beilage 'Der Dertrauensrat'" and
in the center it says "4. Fahrgang 1937". It has a stamp on it with the Nazi
emblem-an eagle standing on an encircled swastika with the words "Badliche
Staatspanzlel" I could have some letters wrong since it's hard to read and the
font is strange. I tried to look up information on this book but all I found
out is that it was banned by the allies after World War II when they occupied
Germany. Can anybody tell me anything about this book like how rare it is,
what it's worth, etc? Or does anyone know where I can find out about it?
Thanks alot,
Aaron
--
Aaron Snyder
or
Old November 5th 04, 04:18 PM
Andreas Reiter

AMSNYD wrote:
[...]

Hi.
I don't really know much about Nazism, but I'm german so I understand
it... It's just a monthly issue about the NS (nationalsozialism) from
1937. It also doesn't sound like something interesting (at least to me).
It sure has to be rare, but try to find a usepaper from 1937 - would
also be hard to get... It's worth may be the same too... Eventually you
can try to sell it on E-Bay, since there are a lot Nazis who might like
to get it. I also don't get the point why you'd like to find out more
about it... But if you want you could scan some pages and send them to
my email - if you like I could translate some into english. About the
strange font: Probably the old gothic font used in that time. I'm very
used to this font and have no problems reading it.

Here the correct spelling and translation from the inside title page:
"Monatshefte für NS.-Sozialpolitik' Mit Beilage 'Der Vertrauensrat'" "4.
Jahrgang 1937"
"Monthly issues for NS.-socialpolitics' with supplement 'the council of
faith'" "4. vintage 1937"
The text on the stamp says "Nördliche Staatskanzlei" "Northern National
Chancellery"

Regards, Andreas

rec.collecting.books FAQ Hardy-Boys.net Books 0 May 9th 04 08:39 PM
FA: WWII German Propaganda Book, Robert Ley, c. 1937 fishnet531 General 0 February 20th 04 01:16 AM
[FAQ] rec.collecting.books FAQ Mike Berro Books 0 December 26th 03 08:18 PM
autographs dani.steiner General 0 July 19th 03 06:08 AM
Reducing Autograph Collection dani.steiner Autographs 0 July 16th 03 02:29 PM