Coin Auctions SLOW this WEEK?

Old March 26th 05, 05:13 PM
howard

Default Coin Auctions SLOW this WEEK?

I have 7 coin related items up for sale (ending tomorrow), so far only 3
individual watchers, no bids.
Usually within one day of ending I have a few bids.
Some of these items are repeats for me, some are competitive with what is
out there, in line with closed auctions.

Perhaps the Easter Holiday or Terri Schavio or the moon, sun, stars, or my
wife being gone for 3 weeks and my not having to abide with the "usual"
accepted social graces ARE to blame for this.

Anyway, anyone else seeing a major slowdown in their auctions?

Old March 26th 05, 05:50 PM
Anita

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 09:13:41 -0800, "howard"
fishfeeder@gmail(dot)com wrote:
Anyway, anyone else seeing a major slowdown in their auctions?

Yes, last week and this week were slow. Everyone probably spent their
money on Easter baskets.

Anita
Old March 26th 05, 06:15 PM
Christian Feldhaus

Anita wrote:

Everyone probably spent their money on Easter baskets.

Heh, in most of the EU this weekend is a very long one ... In several
countries around here both Friday and Monday are holidays, so many have
four days off. Whether that has any effect on auctions, I don't know -
some may have more time now, others will be away from their computers
these days g.

Christian
Old March 26th 05, 06:18 PM
stonej

Maybe people holding back on hobby spending to see where gas prices are
headed.?

Old March 26th 05, 07:51 PM
Bruce Farley

I have bids on 4 of 19. Only 2 others being watched. These are all mint
sets that are in the 5-9 dollar range and I am offering 99 cent
shipping. I wanted to see if there was any interest. I don't think there is!
Bruce

Old March 26th 05, 08:35 PM
Cliff

howard wrote:

I have 7 coin related items up for sale (ending tomorrow), so far only 3
individual watchers, no bids.
Usually within one day of ending I have a few bids.
Some of these items are repeats for me, some are competitive with what is
out there, in line with closed auctions.

Perhaps the Easter Holiday or Terri Schavio or the moon, sun, stars, or my
wife being gone for 3 weeks and my not having to abide with the "usual"
accepted social graces ARE to blame for this.

Anyway, anyone else seeing a major slowdown in their auctions?

post a link, never know when you'll have something up that RCC'ers
woiuld like to have.
In the next week or so I'm breaking out a few signed documents. One a
white house letter from 52 or 54 (my mind drifts like a sloppy BFO for
you HAM types) might be auto pen, might not, but offical government
business, other autographed stuff and even a jeweled organ grinder and
monkey that I bought for my wife off ebay a year or so ago and was
told that it was hideous looking, so that should bring good money
Anyway, post a link
Cliff

Old March 26th 05, 09:20 PM
smacdonald

howard wrote:

I have 7 coin related items up for sale (ending tomorrow), so far only 3
individual watchers, no bids.
Usually within one day of ending I have a few bids.
Some of these items are repeats for me, some are competitive with what is
out there, in line with closed auctions.

Perhaps the Easter Holiday or Terri Schavio or the moon, sun, stars, or my
wife being gone for 3 weeks and my not having to abide with the "usual"
accepted social graces ARE to blame for this.

Anyway, anyone else seeing a major slowdown in their auctions?

This is the second in as number of days I've heard reference to items
being on watch lists. I don't think this means anything. I used to
place items on my watchlist but since purchasing a 'snipe' program
that keeps a history of auctions, I place items on it and hardly ever
add items to my watch list. The program I have allows me to watch any
number of items and keeps track of the number of bids and the ending
price. I don't have to go searching in Ebay to what items recently
sold for I just pull up my Snipe History to see. I have several
workbooks for different items, eg. certified morgans in one, SQ
sets/coins in another, misc in another and I can download the forms
into Excel to have a rather large database of what items have sold
for.

I'm certain there are many bidders who use these types of programs
that won't show on Ebay Watchlists.

I use my snipe program mainly for tracking what items are selling for,
not for sniping auctions. But it does do that, and very well I might
add.

Just my .0199999 cents