1848 Merriam Webster

Old August 3rd 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
blallik

Default 1848 Merriam Webster

I hope I'm not misusing this group by mentioning to dictionary
collectors out there that I am offering an original Merriam Webster
dictionary on Ebay this week. I am not a dealer, but an individual who
discovered this rare book in the attic of my house. I apologize in
advance if this sort of post is not welcome here!

Sincerely,

William Allik

Old August 3rd 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Kris Baker

"blallik" wrote in message
oups.com...
I hope I'm not misusing this group

You are. You're supposed to check first.

. I apologize in advance if this sort of post is not welcome here!

ALL spammers say that.

Old August 8th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Tuxedo

On Aug 3, 6:44 am, blallik wrote:
I hope I'm not misusing this group by mentioning to dictionary
collectors out there that I am offering an original Merriam Webster
dictionary on Ebay this week. I am not a dealer, but an individual who
discovered this rare book in the attic of my house. I apologize in
advance if this sort of post is not welcome here!

Sincerely,

William Allik

You should be using a marketplace group for
your ad. This is forum for people interested
in book collecting. Also, you are stretching
things a bit to say you have an "original".
That 1848 edition is a revised edition.
While in very good condition, you can find
it listed from $200 to several thousand dollars,
it is only "original" in the sense of being "an
original revised edition."

[Memo from the upstairs office]

FA: 1848-1857 Large Cents Barry Coins 0 January 15th 07 12:56 AM
vintage WEBSTER ELECTRIC Phonograph Needle MIP ! P2-1 Ebayer General 0 January 7th 07 01:44 PM
Bud Webster and Groff Conklin Tim Doyle Books 1 August 23rd 04 04:04 PM
French 1848 Engraving Contest Michael Benveniste Coins 0 June 7th 04 02:16 PM
FA: 1848 Seated Dime Fine Harvey Bastacky Coins 0 December 21st 03 11:43 PM