eBay Australia to remove the "Reserve Price" option

Old July 5th 04, 01:05 AM
A.Gent

Default eBay Australia to remove the "Reserve Price" option

Never mind your "should be abolish the cent" debate.
Never mind your "should we kill off the rag dollar" debate.
Never mind your "who should be on the dollar/50c/25c/1c coin" debates.

Here in Australia, we ex-convicts don't mess around with endless rounds of
consultation and debate.

Like Nike - we "just do it". (Or is that Reebok?)

As of Tuesday 10 August, eBay Australia will be removing the reserve price facility
from all auctions except Cars, Boats, Other Vehicles and Motorcycles.

Consultation?
Yeah right. First I've heard.

eBay Germany is apparently making the same change ("Ve haff vays ov makink you
sell...").

Details are at:
http://www2.ebay.com/aw/marketing-au.shtml

This is possibly the "beta-test" of this policy.

So... who's next?

--
Jeff R.

Old July 5th 04, 01:35 AM
Scot Kamins

In article ,
"A.Gent" wrote:

As of Tuesday 10 August, eBay Australia will be removing the reserve price
facility
from all auctions except Cars, Boats, Other Vehicles and Motorcycles.

From the info page at http://www2.ebay.com/aw/marketing-au.shtml:

"This change is designed to help the small number of sellers in
Australia who currently use Reserves to be even more successful. "

Yeah, right. "For your added convenience, we'll be using twice the KY as
we..."

They do it all for us.

Scot Kamins
--
"Speak your truth, even as your voice quakes."
Old July 5th 04, 11:18 AM
Mame

Ebay Australia is very contradictory on this matter. They say that if you
want a guranteed price then just set the starting price higher. But in the
past we have been encouraged to have a low starting price to encourage
bidding? I'm confuzzled??????? Firstly the only reasoning I can fathom is
that they are trying to make more money although I am not sure how this is
achieved. Maybe the Ebay.com.au executives were bored? Seems like a wasted
exercise all round.

Mame

"Scot Kamins" wrote in message

From the info page at http://www2.ebay.com/aw/marketing-au.shtml:

Old July 5th 04, 11:21 AM
Mame

Oh, by the way...if anyone are concerned...this ONLY applies to Ebay
Australia and one one European Ebay site. This DOESNT include any other
ebay.

From the info page at http://www2.ebay.com/aw/marketing-au.shtml:

Pre Order fon Autographs 48 August 12th 04 10:51 PM
Ebay autograph policy Gummby3 Autographs 0 April 16th 04 01:29 AM
About Posters asking for advice on selling inherited coins etc... MorganCoin1 Coins 43 March 26th 04 04:13 AM
do not forward OFF this group that Xlist dahoov2 Autographs 4 March 9th 04 03:45 AM
JFK got the coin, MLK got the holiday. Nick Charles Coins 10 November 25th 03 01:12 AM