barefoot 411....kill bill and wb premiere night

Old October 2nd 03, 06:51 PM
Barefootmk

Default barefoot 411....kill bill and wb premiere night

well, since kevin hasn't done it yet, i decided i would post it and another
event as well.
i'l start off with last nights big WB party at the grove in l.a. originally it
was scheduled to have the casts of both ANGEL and SMALLVILLE in attendance. and
since they are both on a week hiatus, i thought they'd all show up.
Things started off innocently enough. about 3000 fans showed up since it was
highly publicized and at a very large place (a new mall type shopping center).
i missed when joey lawrence showed up, but when i got there the fun began.
first, the security got real hard nosed right away as john schneider showed up.
they were pushy and acting like they were guarding the president of the united
states, shoving every fan around. knocking down kids. real nice group of guys.
and they started rushing everyone in this way. it got real bad when david
boreanez and james marsters showed up.
so boreanez came out to go to the stage first. picking and choosing, he started
signing right away. and i got one then. while he was on stage john schneider
came out and just went to town signing everything for everyone. and security
didn't like the way everyone was around him, so they started manhandling
everyone WHILE HE WAS SIGNING. they were telling him to stop and telling the
crowd he was done, but john just kept signing (he's very nice and his signature
is almost every letter, even in this crowd). at one point some security guard
put his elbow in my throat and i shoved him back pretty hard, tough guy secuity
got in my face and i didn't back down...he started giving me **** and i just
told him to walk away or we were both going to jail. he told me he wouldn't,
but i would. so i honestly looked him right in the eye and said ,"yeah, but
i'll kick the sh#$ out of you first and it'll be worth it." so the little
coward ran and got the cops. a cop just said,"i don't care what happens, if you
2 fight, you'll both go to jail." and that was really the last time that
security guard bothered me.
then boreanez came back and signed up a storm. if you have followed anyone
else's reports, he's not nice at all. i couldn't believe it. never thought i'd
have a day where i ran out of boreanez items, but i did. i let him use my pen
for the whole signing and he did, and thanked me for it at the end.
other people showed up including amy acker (very very nice, signing while
security was puching and did a ton of photo ops) the woman who i guess plays
lex luthor's wife (don't watch the show, but she was horrible and i didn't see
her sign a thing) joey lawrence (nice autograph...hahah. a j and an l printed)
and james marsters, if you've heard anything, you should know that he is like
one of the nicest people around. he signs everything. his publicist asked us if
we could be cool tonight (we see him and her alot and she makes sure he signs
for the guys) so he could sign for the kids. so we did, i even gave james
another of my pens so he wouldn't have to quit switching as he signed shirts
and hats and programs from the event. and we didn't bother him for one
autograph. obviously the publicist saw this when he stopped and went to the
car. his limo went about 100 yards away from the event and just stopped.we
approached it and james rolled down. his publicist told him to only sign one so
it didn't get too crazy and james just looked up at my buddy and said."you guys
just keep a lookout." and he just signed our little stacks as no one approached
the car but the 3 of us. we asked him about his band in which he said they are
losing their drummer. and we talked about the new show as i walked away with 11
signatures and the other 2 guys got like 7-8 ea. james thanked us and drove
off.
it was a good night. i lost 2 good pens in the melee, but i got a lot of stuff
signed by the people who did show up. there weren't many though not as many as
they advertised (isn't that always the way?) but it was decent enough.

alright....the kill bill premiere. what an excellent time that was. this is the
most anticipated movie of quentin tarantino's career. and it was held at the
mann chinese theater. here's another place that security is getting way out of
hand. there used to be 2 nice spots for fans to stand that would take an effort
to get celebs to come over, but some do. but the hollywood and highland has
killed all that with their new policy of not letting anyone sign anywhere on
the property. are run ins are becoming ridiculous with these little $10 an hour
ass clowns. but they all but removed one of the great places to stand by
pushing it back about 10 feet. so this was bad. one other spot which you can
actually get celebs attention rather easily was moved back about 5 feet and
they put up 3 retaining barricades to make it worse. so no one came over on the
way in to sign the only one who did sign was michael madsen who insisted on
personalizing the 2 itmes that he did sign (both of them posters for the movie)
.. but we did get some people who walked in to the premiere like dominique
swain, jenna malone, chris klein (katie holmes flat out refused and hid behind
chris as he signed) and michael jai white (who is in the movie but for some
reason didn't geta limo). funniest part of the premiere was Quentin and uma
thurman arriving in a big yellow pickup truck with "PUSSY WAGON" painted on the
side. funny as hell.
i started off my tarantion party by going to jay leno to get quentin. who
didn't dissappoint at the show and i got him on my kill bill 11x14, mini poster
and my reservoir dogs poster.not bad.
so the premeire was a total bust. the after party was much better. held at a
secret location, it didn't stay secret for long as every collector in town was
there and a few lookie lou's. but it wasn't a dissappointment.
on the way in to the party was real difficult as security had their crazy hats
on trying to tell us the street was off limits and the sidewalk was off limits.
but they weren't and we had to pick and choose what to go get. ever carradin
signed a bunch on the way in.
the fun started on the way out as michael madsen came outto go home. we all
went to his limo and he just started signing to the chagrin of security. he
signed several personalizing everything till i toild him my name was mike too.
he said, well it's stupid to write my name and yours on here since we have the
same name. and he didn't personalize the last 2 as he went in to the limo and
drove off.
as he was signing we convinced david carradine to sign as well, and he signed a
ton- everything for everyone. it was great. and he commented on my kill bill
photos and i ended up giving him a photo as well.(other people had kill bill
shots too, but i apparently had a lot of them)
viveka fox didn't sign nor did chris rock or adam sandler (he's gotten a real
sour attitude about signing-and it has nothing to do with ebay).
uma thurman- the security tried to sneak her out on the side, but we saw this
and called to her in which she just came over to sign autographs. she was real
nice telling us to line up in a single file line and she'd sing one a piece.
obviously a few of us got back in line a few times. then when she got done
signing, she had people line up for photo ops which she graciously did. it was
awesome. she didn't do that many as her people started telling her she had to
go. but it was excellent.
now came the good part. the guy i really wanted to get at the party was sonny
chiba. he's done a ton of real cool asian action movies...he came out the side
too and i was the only one who even knew who he was....i got a photo signed by
him and a photo op (which i had to take myself, there was no one there to take
it, i hope it comes out) while he was coming out the side Chiaki Kuriyama came
out the front. many of the autographers (including myself) went to ask her for
a signature...she's a 17 year old asian action star and very pretty. she seemed
to speak no english and had no idea what we were asking for and didn't sign
anything as a result. and we were right in front of her. so no one got her
either.
i guess quentin came out the front as we were getting uma, so no one saw him
either. and darryl hannah came out last. she had kept saying all night she'd
sign after the party, but she didn't sign anything running to the car and
having it drive off. pretty slly if you ask me. but it was a decent night and i
got some cool autographs.
that's it for now, i know it was long.