Fisher 500c rocking the house w/8-track input !

Old May 1st 06, 05:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Default Fisher 500c rocking the house w/8-track input !

After 2 replaced resistors, a new quad of 7591 output tubes from Ebay
(smokin' deal at $70 delivered for the entire set, brand new !), and
trackiing down a short in the tape monitor circuit, my locally acquired
vintage Fisher 500c receiver is ROCKIN' THE HOUSE- with the Telex
Viking inputted into the aux jacks.

All in all, not a bad amplifier. Fortunately it came from the original
owner who bought it in 1963, and was 100% stock right down to every
solder joint !

ALMOST as good as my Akai M8 SE amps- a bit louder and stronger bass,
but less detail with the Fisher.

Old May 1st 06, 08:02 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On 1 May 2006 09:56:39 -0700, "
wrote:

ALMOST as good as my Akai M8 SE amps- a bit louder and stronger bass,
but less detail with the Fisher. snip

As usual, you're full of ****, Noodles.

So, did you balanced those output tubes properly? Or do you even know
what that means?

****wad.
Old May 1st 06, 09:10 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

So, did you balanced those output tubes properly? Or do you even know
what that means?

C'mon Bob, everyone knows it's Plug 'n Play when it comes to
those tubie thingies. Let the lad rock out.

Old May 2nd 06, 12:12 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

William W Western wrote:

C'mon Bob, everyone knows it's Plug 'n Play when it comes to
those tubie thingies. Let the lad rock out.

no, not really. the grid bias needs to be checked to make sure that they are
within specification. if my memory serves me right, those fishers had a
fixed bias that could only be adjusted by changing resistors. also, i bet
ole noodles did not think to replace the coupling capacitors that connect
to the control grid of the 7591s. i can tell you right now, those new 7591s
that **** for brains has installed is going to have a very short lifespan.
i could invision right now that there is a small red glowing spot on the
plates of the 7591s now
--
i have an 8 track mind

My other computer is your XP box.
Old May 2nd 06, 05:10 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On Mon, 01 May 2006 20:10:08 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

So, did you balanced those output tubes properly? Or do you even know
what that means?

C'mon Bob, everyone knows it's Plug 'n Play when it comes to
those tubie thingies. Let the lad rock out. snip

The "lad" has rocks in his head already. There's a procedure to
balance the outputs, and he's completely brainless when it comes to
this. Let him listen to the crap. He wouldn't know any better
anyway. As I said when he got this thing, pearls before swine...and
Charlie Nudo aka 66fourdoor is a swine.
Old May 2nd 06, 05:11 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On Mon, 01 May 2006 19:12:09 -0400, 8 tracker from hell
wrote:

William W Western wrote:

C'mon Bob, everyone knows it's Plug 'n Play when it comes to
those tubie thingies. Let the lad rock out.

no, not really. the grid bias needs to be checked to make sure that they are
within specification. if my memory serves me right, those fishers had a
fixed bias that could only be adjusted by changing resistors. also, i bet
ole noodles did not think to replace the coupling capacitors that connect
to the control grid of the 7591s. i can tell you right now, those new 7591s
that **** for brains has installed is going to have a very short lifespan.
i could invision right now that there is a small red glowing spot on the
plates of the 7591s now snip

Not only that, he used those phony Russians 7591s which aren't really
7591s at all. The moron just doesn't know any better, but tells all
on Usenet he does. That's why he's a ****wit.
Old May 2nd 06, 04:08 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

been playing the Fisher for 2 days now, just put it back in the wooden
case, and put the bottom plate back on- what an nice looking unit-
doesn't sound bad either.

to be quite honest, my Pioneer SX-1250 is more powerful, and cleaner
sounding. So is my NAD power envelope amp. But the price was right on
this, so I figured I'd get 'er going and see what it sounds like. A
worthwhile investment of time and money !

the good part is, output tubes are available new, and on the cheap !
$70 delivered price to my door, for the entire set of 4 brand new
tubes. These Russian replacements are twice the size of the originals !

Old May 2nd 06, 04:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On 2 May 2006 08:08:06 -0700, "
wrote:

been playing the Fisher for 2 days now, just put it back in the wooden
case, and put the bottom plate back on- what an nice looking unit-
doesn't sound bad either.

to be quite honest, my Pioneer SX-1250 is more powerful, and cleaner
sounding. So is my NAD power envelope amp. snip

DUHHHHHHHHHHHH....ANY halfway decent solid state power amp will have
more power and be an order of magnatude "cleaner" (less THD) than an
old Fisher. Plus, you probably don't have the outputs balanced
properly AND have those ****ty Russian tubes in it. It's better than
anything you've ever had with tubes to date, I'm sure, but you simply
don't know what you have there.

But the price was right on
this, so I figured I'd get 'er going and see what it sounds like. A
worthwhile investment of time and money ! snip

Yeah...so you can "fraudBay" it for a huge profit, no doubt.

the good part is, output tubes are available new, and on the cheap !
$70 delivered price to my door, for the entire set of 4 brand new
tubes. These Russian replacements are twice the size of the originals ! snip

Idiot. Those are NOT real 7591s. They're old Russian military beam
power tubes of another design entirely and they do NOT work well in
most 7591 applications...like the Fisher 500C. Even the dip****
gee-tawr players, who have brains of mush and ears of tin cannot stand
them in their Ampegs.

It's funny to see a fraudster get defrauded by another fraudster!
HAHAHAHAHA!
Old May 2nd 06, 06:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

ps- my Akai M8 sounds better than the Fisher, and better than the NAD
or Pioneer SS units as well...

and I only paid $10 for the Akai

go figure !

Old May 2nd 06, 07:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On 2 May 2006 10:24:32 -0700, "
wrote:

ps- my Akai M8 sounds better than the Fisher, and better than the NAD
or Pioneer SS units as well...

and I only paid $10 for the Akai

go figure ! snip

Moron...you just said the solid state amps were "cleaner" and "had
more power." Look at your own post, dimwit.

.com

Since when is "cleaner" not good? Only in electric gee-tawr and
Hammond organ/Leslie speaker amps...moron. When you're listening to
something akin to high fidelity (which you've never heard in your
worthless life) "cleaner" is BETTER.

Charlie Noodles...brains so scrambled, worse sounds better to him!