Wurlitzer Statesman

Old November 26th 10, 09:02 PM
chris linhardt chris linhardt is offline
Junior Member

Default Wurlitzer Statesman

just picked up a 1970 Statesman jukebox... the cartridge that holds the records works/spins and the song selector works but the cartridge won't stop at the record selected... anyone have experience with this or ideas?

thanks,
Chris
Old November 27th 10, 04:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony Miklos[_2_]

On 11/26/2010 4:02 PM, chris linhardt wrote:
just picked up a 1970 Statesman jukebox... the cartridge that holds the
records works/spins and the song selector works but the cartridge won't
stop at the record selected... anyone have experience with this or
ideas?

thanks,
Chris

Are the pins in the round pin bank getting triggered and popping up? If
so then there is the snap action switches that should hit the pin and
stop the rotation. They often go bad. If you are handy you can use a
newer type switch with a long flat actuator and bend it in two 90 degree
turns so it sort of works backwards, or it's easier to adapt a
counter-clock wise coin type switch to do the same job. I forget
exactly how I mounted them, only 1 bolt hole will line up.

If they don't pop up, do you see a lamp flash under the mech? If so the
trigger solenoids are probably sticky or out of adjustment.

Oh, and most of that depends on a set of wiper fingers that may need
cleaning. I think I normally would drop the pin bank and then the
wipers for a good cleaning, but I'm not quite sure anymore with out
seeing it.

Tony Miklos
Eastern Tennessee
Old November 29th 10, 06:25 AM
chris linhardt chris linhardt is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris linhardt View Post
just picked up a 1970 Statesman jukebox... the cartridge that holds the records works/spins and the song selector works but the cartridge won't stop at the record selected... anyone have experience with this or ideas?

thanks,
Chris
I dropped pin bank underneath from the back. Cleaned put back now it wont even move. What did I do. Am I missing something I hope. Chris
Old November 29th 10, 07:18 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

chris linhardt wrote:
chris linhardt;662982 Wrote:
just picked up a 1970 Statesman jukebox... the cartridge that holds the
records works/spins and the song selector works but the cartridge won't
stop at the record selected... anyone have experience with this or
ideas?

thanks,
Chris

I dropped pin bank underneath from the back. Cleaned put back now it
wont even move. What did I do. Am I missing something I hope. Chris

Hi Chris,

You need the operators manual...there are troubleshooting and adjustment
sections that you need to read up on.

Far too many variables at the moment to guess what your problem is,
especially if you have been adjusting/moving/cleaning items without an
idea of what the correct setting are.

Service procedures:

1) Get the correct service manual. We sell them as other dealers do, or
you can download them from a couple of sites (use your Google skills to
find these).

2) Start at the first page of the adjustments for the suspect area and
check EACH switch/microswitch for correct operation, resistance when
closed (as close to 0.0 ohms as possible), and adjustment.

3) Do each adjustment in the order shown in the manual - after all you
have no idea when this was last performed - someone claiming the machine
'worked fine' is not exactly a technical overhaul. After all the machine
is from the 1970s - would you run a 1970s car that you just bought
without first changing the oil and having a mechanic check it over
before loading the kids and driving on the freeway?

4) OK, after doing all the adjustments and double checking that
everything is plugged in AND that all the fuses are the factory values
AND that the power cord is safe (hold up to your ear and flex - it
should be silent, and the insulation should be flexible where it is
exposed inside the amplifier) - only then can you plug it in and see
what happens.

5) Problems? Read the Troubleshooting section and pose questions here
outlining what you have done (your overhaul) and what problems are and
what you have doen to try and solve the problems.

Soon you will be joining a number of home owners who happily fix their
own machines!

Depending on where you are located there may be a service person who can
help: http://www.flippers.com/jukebox_service.html

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

FS: Wurlitzer Statesman 3400 batman Juke Boxes 0 March 10th 08 12:13 PM
FS in MA: 1970 Wurlitzer 3400 Statesman [email protected] Juke Boxes 0 April 17th 06 01:57 PM
Value of 34 Wurlitzer? Ken In Texas Juke Boxes 1 July 23rd 04 03:51 AM
Wurlitzer 24 Jo van Dongen Juke Boxes 0 May 30th 04 11:20 AM
FS: Wurlitzer 5100, 5110, and 5112 Wurlitzer speakers Lloyd Thoburn Juke Boxes 0 August 19th 03 02:12 AM