Rowe AMI R-85 record drum turning

Old November 22nd 10, 10:00 PM
ns1au ns1au is offline
Junior Member

Default Rowe AMI R-85 record drum turning

I recently bought an R-85 starlight & have read a whole heap of posts to try & understand it. I've cleaned it etc & replaced records in "service mode". It would play OK previously however when I have now switch it back to "on", the record drum just keeps turning. The field manual refers to the optical switch but I cant work out where that is. Should i just replace this optical switch (assuming I can find it) or go through a different testing regime before this ?

Also, the CCC only lights up when the jukebox is in service mode - would this be the battery or would I need a new CCC as it seems these things are a little unreliable.

Im in Australia (Sydney) - not sure if anyone fixes these around here. Cheers
Old November 23rd 10, 09:37 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

--
ns1au

Amarda Automatic group are the AMI distributors in sydney.

Check the black box on the front of the mechanism. note that as the
drum rotates, the "index" LED
should flash, and the "home" led should flash once as the magazine
passes position 99.

Old November 25th 10, 03:36 PM
Alan Hood Alan Hood is offline
Senior Member

Location: Sheffield UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreed View Post
On Nov 23, 8:00*am, ns1au wrote:
[...]

Hello ns1au,

You could also try Erwin in Tasmania at the following:- Flamingo Records/Auto. Music Co. ].

If you can not get any help from the above please feel free to contact me in the UK.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Old November 26th 10, 04:41 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On Nov 26, 1:36*am, Alan Hood
wrote:
kreed;662752 Wrote:

On Nov 23, 8:00*am, ns1au wrote:-
[...]

Funny we were just talking about him at work a couple of hours back in
regards to
getting a customers NSM serviced.

Is he still trading, we figured he must be very close to retirement
age by now.
AFAIK, he had a lot of AMI gear on operation and should hopefully be
able to help with
parts etc.