ami g-200

Old November 27th 10, 01:23 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
em pinball

Default ami g-200

why would the turn table start running as soon as machine is turned
on. everything is reset back to the start position. ive checked
the fuses in the junction box. they al look good. the san button
doesnt work when i turn the switch off on mechanism. looks like maybe
ive lost control power. any advice. thanks norm
Old November 27th 10, 02:42 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Rob in NYC[_2_]

On Nov 26, 8:23*pm, em pinball wrote:
why would the turn table start running as soon as machine is turned
on. everything is reset back to the start position. * * ive checked
the fuses in the junction box. they al look good. * * the san button
doesnt work when i turn the switch off on mechanism. looks like maybe
ive lost control power. any advice. thanks norm

The farthest back I have is an I-200 but mech's are similar.

The problem you have points to no, or too low a dc voltage. This often
happens with rectifier failure.

Does the record basket turn? If not then the scan magnet assy of the
left behind the popularity meter can't reset to home/off, the
turntable motor operates from this switch.

Have you checked for a blown fuse -inside- the gray power supply? Most
models did not have this fuse, but I have seen them added.

Have you tested for approx 28 vdc from the bridge rectifier. You
should do this while it is connected so as to put a load on that
rect.

If low dc is Ok, check the both gripper and basket motors are
connected (these flimsy plugs often fell out, and remove the small
cover in the middle of the motor and try to turn the armature to check
that it is free. Do this with power ON so that you can tell if the
motor has open commutation or a dead winding. If so it may suddenly
start up so be careful of your finger.

If still no good, then remove the gripper motor and turn the gripper
gear that the motor drives by hand. Once it is in the "home" position
with gripper over the records and fully open, the basket motor should
then start turning and after a couple of turns the basket should stop
and with it the turntable.

There are also leaf switches in a "well" to the right of the gripper
assy and a small relay in the scan switch box. Both are common causes
of trouble like this.

Rob

Old November 27th 10, 10:49 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
em pinball

On Nov 26, 8:42*pm, Rob in NYC wrote:
[...]

hello rob. from what i can tell i have 48 volts from the rectifier. i
did take the motor loose from the transfer arm and rotated it to the
playing position. when i moved the tone arm to the center it picked up
the record and put it back like its supose to so it looks like that
parts okay. not sure how to get to the scan switch. do you have to
remove the outer rotating wheel to get to it. thanks norm
Old November 27th 10, 04:20 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony Miklos[_2_]

On 11/27/2010 5:49 AM, em pinball wrote:
On Nov 26, 8:42 pm, Rob in wrote:
On Nov 26, 8:23 pm, em wrote:

[...]

I believe the scan switch is under the popularity meter/record playing
area. I just worked on a really nice original H. The scan switch was
under there, the bracket is removable with two screws, and it had a
blade and contact type switch that was pitted and out of adjustment.
(lots of other problems also). When replacing the bracket you are also
adjusting that switch so watch what you are doing and test it. One scan
should turn the magazine about 1 and 1/8 times before it stops.

Newer models (not sure when) have a "snap action" switch in the same
place that often goes intermittent, just replace it if it has one.

That H was the nicest original I've ever seen, and I forgot to take
pictures. :-(

Tony
Eastern Tennessee
Old November 28th 10, 06:46 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On Nov 27, 12:42*pm, Rob in NYC wrote:
[...]

I also had one in where a piece of broken record had fallen into the
drive gear of the magazine motor and
jammed it. This really took some finding as I thought for a long time
that it was an electrical fault.

There were also electrical faults (but the most severe fault was with
the owner who knew nothing and
couldn't stop fiddling around with the mech) but that is another
story.

Old November 28th 10, 01:42 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
em pinball

On Nov 28, 12:46*am, kreed wrote:
[...]

story.- Hide quoted text -

i did check that. i loosend the screws on the motor and the basket
seemed to be free. my knowledge isnt the best but im trying to figure
it out. i do think ive got an electrical problem. just got to rat it
out. thanks norm

help with am ami G-200 em pinball Juke Boxes 1 November 15th 10 05:01 AM
FS: AMI J-120 & AMI K-200 at Allentown Pa Vintage Pinballs Juke Boxes 1 May 6th 07 11:35 PM
1958 AMI H EX-200?? mallaman Juke Boxes 0 February 8th 05 04:44 PM
AMI I 200 David O'Grady Juke Boxes 1 March 13th 04 12:36 PM
FS : AMI I 200 classic tech Juke Boxes 0 September 13th 03 02:37 PM