Juke sounds like its playing slow

Old July 5th 03, 04:33 PM
Christopher Krigbaum

Default Juke sounds like its playing slow

my juke developed a problem the other day. it sounds like its playing the
records too slowly. its a rockola capri 100. any ideas?

chris k.

"We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the
ungrateful. We've done so much with so little for so long; we can now do
anything with nothing."
--Unknown--

It is the veteran, not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion.
It is the veteran, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the veteran, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the veteran, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to
assemble.
It is the veteran, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair
trial.
It is the veteran, not the politician Who has given us the right to vote.
It is the veteran, who salutes the Flag who serves under the Flag, whose
coffin is draped by the Flag.

Old July 6th 03, 01:10 AM
Ken G.

Yes take the motor out & apart clean it , reoil & replace

Old July 6th 03, 02:14 AM
ThomasTeeter

In this order, check your turntable grommets, then the idler wheel,
and then the turntable motor itself.

Hope this helps...

Thomas
thomasteeter(at)budweiser.com

Old July 7th 03, 12:44 AM
Christopher Krigbaum

i appreciate ken and thomas's help. i removed the blue plastic tray to get a
good look at the mech itself and lo and behold! 40 years worth of crust,
filth, and gummy old grease! good night what a mess. looks like my free time
is spoken for for the next week or so while i tear down, clean, and re-lube
everything. incidentally, anyone know a good source of rubber grommets for
motor mounts? mine are definitely showing signs of their age. honestly i'm
surprised its gone on this long in it's current state and i feel bad now
knowing that its been like that all this time.

Old July 7th 03, 05:42 AM
Bob E.

Christopher Krigbaum wrote:

i appreciate ken and thomas's help. i removed the blue plastic tray to get a
good look at the mech itself and lo and behold! 40 years worth of crust,
filth, and gummy old grease! good night what a mess. looks like my free time
is spoken for for the next week or so while i tear down, clean, and re-lube
everything. incidentally, anyone know a good source of rubber grommets for
motor mounts?

I got some motor grommets from Victory Glass for a Rockola 433, so
they may be like yours. Check your parts manual for the number, then
go to VG's web page. Make sure you have the little metal tubes that
go in the middle of the grommets, if you don't, then get some of those
at the same web page. They have a big list of NOS parts under the
Rockola heading, I think they must have bought out a master
distributor's stock (or even Rockola's!) at one time.

www.victoryglass.com

--Bob

Bob Ellingson
Halted Specialties Co., Inc.
http://www.halted.com
3500 Ryder St. (408) 732-1573
Santa Clara, Calif. 95051 USA (408) 732-6428 (FAX)