A picture worth a thousand words?

Old February 4th 05, 01:46 AM
Larry Louks

Default A picture worth a thousand words?

If that old saying "A picture is worth a thousand words" is true, how
many words would you suppose these two pictures are worth?

http://babyurl.com/rKhL1t

Larry
'at least you can tell that it's round'
Old February 4th 05, 02:03 AM
Dale Hallmark

"Larry Louks" wrote in message
If that old saying "A picture is worth a thousand words" is true, how many
words would you suppose these two pictures are worth?

http://babyurl.com/rKhL1t

Larry
'at least you can tell that it's round'

The pics speak volumes by their silence.
Dale

Old February 4th 05, 02:46 AM
Henry Mensch

On 2005-02-03 17:46:52 -0800, Larry Louks said:

how many words would you suppose these two pictures are worth?

i suppose it's still a thousand words, even if all the words are "uh ... "
--
# henry mensch / san francisco california
# http://www.henare.tk/

Old February 4th 05, 12:23 PM
Larry Louks

Dale Hallmark thoughtfully informed the group with:
The pics speak volumes by their silence.

Indeed, the silence is deafening! Even so, someone decided it was worth
no less than $8.78 to check it out in person. $10.08 if he felt
compelled to insure the shipment.

FWIW, the few times that I've bought a "pig in a poke" like this, I
ended up with a poke.

Larry
'wishing the buyer all the best!'
Old February 4th 05, 12:30 PM
Larry Louks

Henry Mensch wrote:
i suppose it's still a thousand words, even if all the words are "uh ... "

I think you're right, Harry. I don't know that I've ever thought about
it like that, but here's what that picture says in that form:

"uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh
[...]

Still doesn't say much, does it?

Larry
'Factoid: all numismatic photos are not equally helpful'
Old February 4th 05, 12:36 PM
Dale Hallmark

"Larry Louks" wrote in message
Dale Hallmark thoughtfully informed the group with:
The pics speak volumes by their silence.

Indeed, the silence is deafening! Even so, someone decided it was worth no less
than $8.78 to check it out in person. $10.08 if he felt compelled to insure the
shipment.

FWIW, the few times that I've bought a "pig in a poke" like this, I ended up with
a poke.

Larry
'wishing the buyer all the best!'

There have been times when I bought a coin with a terrible picture and got a good
deal.
But all of the seller's other auctions showed terrible pics too. Not everyone
has a nice camera or adequate scanner
or especially the skills to use them. I find one other item by this seller
and the image looks great! May not be anything to it but that is a clear,
"Danger! Will Robinson"! warning for me.

Dale

Old February 4th 05, 01:03 PM
Bruce Remick

"Larry Louks" wrote in message
If that old saying "A picture is worth a thousand words" is true, how
many words would you suppose these two pictures are worth?

http://babyurl.com/rKhL1t

Larry
'at least you can tell that it's round''

I suspect I have accumulated a thousand words worth of posts to rcc. The
value of these words may indeed equate to the value of those pictures, and
maybe even the "coin".

Bruce

Old February 4th 05, 01:07 PM
James Higby

"Larry Louks" cut loose as follows:

I think you're right, Harry. I don't know that I've ever thought about it
like that, but here's what that picture says in that form:

uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh"

[several hundred deletions of 'uh']

Still doesn't say much, does it?

Larry
'Factoid: all numismatic photos are not equally helpful'

Larry, have you been watching Beavis & Butthead?

James
'he said uh uh uh'

Old February 4th 05, 01:18 PM
Ian

Bruce Remick wrote:
"Larry Louks" wrote in message

If that old saying "A picture is worth a thousand words" is true, how
many words would you suppose these two pictures are worth?

http://babyurl.com/rKhL1t

Larry
'at least you can tell that it's round''

I suspect I have accumulated a thousand words worth of posts to rcc. The
value of these words may indeed equate to the value of those pictures, and
maybe even the "coin".

Bruce

Gosh, as much as that?.... (j/k) ;-)

Ian

Old February 4th 05, 01:34 PM
Dale Hallmark

"James Higby" heezerbumfrool[at]hotmail[dot]com wrote in message

"Larry Louks" cut loose as follows:

I think you're right, Harry. I don't know that I've ever thought about it like
that, but here's what that picture says in that form:

uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh"

[several hundred deletions of 'uh']

Still doesn't say much, does it?

Larry
'Factoid: all numismatic photos are not equally helpful'

Larry, have you been watching Beavis & Butthead?

James
'he said uh uh uh'

huh huh huh, he said Butt.

Dale :-)