Research Study on Women's Thoughts

Old July 2nd 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Amber

Default Research Study on Women's Thoughts

Hello!

Our names are Amie Kolos and Amber Norwood, and we are recent graduates
(B.S. in Psychology) of Towson University in Towson, MD. We are
currently conducting research for project in which we hope to learn how
women's thoughts are related to their coping with stressful life
events.

We hope to recruit some women to complete an online survey containing
questions about stressful life experiences. Complete anonymity will be
maintained in this survey and no one will be asked for any identifying
information.

If you are interested in completing this survey, you are welcome to
click on the following link that will bring you immediately to the
survey on SurveyMonkey.com:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=486202240455

Or, you may contact the following members of the project with any
questions or concerns:

Principal Investigators..................Amie Kolos:

267-918-2904
Amber Norwood:

240-446-7560

Research Advisor.................. .... Dr. Bethany Brand:

410-704-3067

Chairperson of IRB.....................Dr. Patricia Alt:

410-704-4221

Thank you for taking the time to read this and feel free to pass it
along to those who may be interested in participating our study.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.

Amie Kolos
Amber Norwood

Old July 2nd 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Kris Baker

"Amber" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello!

Our names are Amie Kolos and Amber Norwood, and we are recent graduates
(B.S. in Psychology) of Towson University in Towson, MD. We are
currently conducting research for project in which we hope to learn how
women's thoughts are related to their coping with stressful life
events.

We hope to recruit some women to complete an online survey containing
questions about stressful life experiences. Complete anonymity will be
maintained in this survey and no one will be asked for any identifying
information.

I don't believe you. Why would Psychology students perform a
non-statistically correct, self-selecting survey?

No, you have other motives.

Kris

Old July 2nd 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Sam

" I don't believe you. Why would Psychology students perform a
non-statistically correct, self-selecting survey?

No, you have other motives."

Kris

The interesting part of this "issue" is the sites where she posted this
thread. My understanding is that they are interested in the thoughts
and ideas of women who have had a "stressful situation", ahem... and
some of the groups would have strong interest in them (feminism,
prison, support.rape.survivors, psychology, etc), but I'm not sure why
they targetted collecting books, tv game shows, pets.dog.behavior,
animals.horses.breeding, or movies.silent.

Old July 2nd 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Kris Baker

"Sam" wrote in message
ups.com...

" I don't believe you. Why would Psychology students perform a
non-statistically correct, self-selecting survey?

No, you have other motives."

Kris

The interesting part of this "issue" is the sites where she posted this
thread. My understanding is that they are interested in the thoughts
and ideas of women who have had a "stressful situation", ahem... and
some of the groups would have strong interest in them (feminism,
prison, support.rape.survivors, psychology, etc), but I'm not sure why
they targetted collecting books, tv game shows, pets.dog.behavior,
animals.horses.breeding, or movies.silent.

Really. I never open spammed sites, because I figure they're
all full of viral crap.

Kris

Old July 3rd 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter

Kris Baker wrote:

"Sam" wrote in message
ups.com...

" I don't believe you. Why would Psychology students perform a
non-statistically correct, self-selecting survey?

No, you have other motives."

Kris

The interesting part of this "issue" is the sites where she posted this
thread. My understanding is that they are interested in the thoughts
and ideas of women who have had a "stressful situation", ahem... and
some of the groups would have strong interest in them (feminism,
prison, support.rape.survivors, psychology, etc), but I'm not sure why
they targetted collecting books, tv game shows, pets.dog.behavior,
animals.horses.breeding, or movies.silent.

Really. I never open spammed sites, because I figure they're
all full of viral crap.

Kris

Hi Kris,

To find that out, all one need do is do a google groups search on the sender and
today's date. No need to open the site.

I am curious about the name of the web site: surveymonkey.com. That does not
sound very professional to me. Sounds like a warning if anything.

Francis A. Miniter
Old July 3rd 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Sam

Hi Francis,
Before I clicked on the link to surveymonkey.com, I googled them and
the three women mentioned in the post (all came back legit). In fact,
under "surveymonkey and problems" under the search criteria, I found
out that one of their users is the U.S.Court of Federal Claims (also
several libraries and businesses).

I'm amazed that no one has bitched and moaned about this "non-topic"
thread...soon though, I'm sure

Old July 3rd 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Kris Baker

"Sam" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Francis,
Before I clicked on the link to surveymonkey.com, I googled them and
the three women mentioned in the post (all came back legit). In fact,
under "surveymonkey and problems" under the search criteria, I found
out that one of their users is the U.S.Court of Federal Claims (also
several libraries and businesses).

I'm amazed that no one has bitched and moaned about this "non-topic"
thread...soon though, I'm sure

How do you know that no one has?
It's of little use to mention it publicly to a drop-and-run Google Groups
spammer who has no clue about Usenet.

I don't think there's anyone here who'd bitch and moan about it, though.
This is an intelligent group who handles things without argument.
That is, those who haven't been killfiled

Kris

Old July 3rd 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Kris Baker

"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message
Kris Baker wrote:

"Sam" wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

I guess they're used by all kinds of people....but not the kind of people
I'd want to talk to. Too cheesy for words.

Kris

Old July 3rd 06, 12:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bob

Kris Baker wrote:
I'm amazed that no one has bitched and moaned about this "non-topic"
thread...soon though, I'm sure

How do you know that no one has?
It's of little use to mention it publicly to a drop-and-run Google Groups
spammer who has no clue about Usenet.

That has never stopped you before, you old busybody.
I used to think you were just a meddling pain-in-the-ass but this
thread reveals you have deeper, underlying psychological issues
(paranoia) for which you should seek professional help.
--
RWF

DUMB ASS Scarborough is breathless in CA- they can't BREATHE- no air ! JimmyPageElectricGuitar 8 Track Tapes 0 May 30th 06 01:07 PM
FS: 2004 Sports Iluustrated "The Real Dream Team" Women's Champion Softball Team J.R. Sinclair General 0 December 30th 05 11:37 AM
FS: "1997 du Maurier Open" Womens' Tennis Championship Autographed Program J.R. Sinclair General 0 August 25th 04 06:03 AM
Research Dollarsavr Paper Money 0 November 8th 03 04:19 PM
Themes of stamp collections Alex P General Discussion 30 October 9th 03 03:04 AM