"In The Mail" Thursday 11/6/03

Old November 6th 03, 07:12 PM
Kenneth465

Default "In The Mail" Thursday 11/6/03

I hope you all are having a great day. This has been a pretty good day and
this evening my son is hoisting me off to a WFA wrestling event in town.

But the mail person showed up, albeit, a bit late and the responses were
typical. But then a knock on the door and when the dog calmed down and I
answered it there stood a Fed Ex person with large envelope in hand. Not
normally a recipient of Fed Ex items I was extremely curious and yes the result
was autograph related. But surely not what one would think.

I had mailed a letter to retired basketball player Richie Regan who lived in
New York and not gotten a response. At least until today.

Apparently Mr. Regan had sold his home and moved. This Fed Ex package was from
the new resident who opened my envelope and tried to help. He did not know
where mr. Regan was so he followed up with his own research. Low and behold
Mr. Regan passed on December 24 of last year and in the FedEx package were
stories of his demise and a note from the current resident.

A new first for me in this truly remarkable hobby. A Fed-Ex failure.

But then a couple of return to senders in the regular mail and if anyone has
any ideas I would be more than appreciative:

Russell lee - retired Basketball
9300 W. Manor Court
Milwaukee, Wi 53224-1726 ?????
stamped: person unknown

Bill Lecaine - retired hockey
3127 Stoneybrook Lane
Port Huron, Mi 48060-1609
stamped: forwarding order expired

and then one dissappointment from:

Retired baseball player Gregg Garret passed away in June and I received
notification from his wife.

And then the successes for which we are looking;

RETIRED BASKETBALL

Tom Kozelko
6200 Peninsula Drive
Traverse City, Mi 49686
sent 10/25/03
received 11/6/03
rec'd 2 index card signed

RETIRED FOOTBALL

Pete Lazetich
185 Martin Street
Reno, Nv 89509-2827
sent 10/28/03
received 11/6/03
rec'd 2 index card signed

RETIRED HOCKEY

Jim Lorentz
2555 Staley Rd
Grand Island, Ny 14072
sent 10/31/03
received 11/6/03
rec'd a nice handwritten signed note and 2 signed index cards

Les Kozak
1072 Kimbro Drive
Baton Rouge, La 70808
sent 10/25/03
received 11/6/03
rec'd 2 index cards signed

Gary Edwards
6818 Pecan Avenue
Moorpark, Ca 93021-1661
sent 10/14/03
received 11/6/03
rec'd a small bw signed photo, a handwritten signed note and 2 sic

and that was this strange mail day. How was yours?

til next time....
hope all your mailboxes are full
see ya
ken