What's it worth? Peace Dollars

Old September 5th 04, 02:35 AM
PCameron

Default What's it worth? Peace Dollars

A friend of mine came across some raw Peace Dollars that were given to him
by an old woman whose husband had passed away. He is interested in selling
them to me. I would like to determine a fair price to pay for them. I have
posted images, 300 dpi, at the following URLs.

http://img10.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img10...ars_Overse.jpg
http://img72.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img72...rs_Reverse.jpg

There is also a Morgan Dollar in the mix.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

--
CIA DEA DIA FBI KGB NSA WMD TLA

Old September 6th 04, 04:02 PM
Jerry Dennis

If the obverses match their corresponding reverse positions (and I make out the
mint marks correctly), I see you have:

1921 Morgan
1922 (x3)
1922-S
1923
1923-D (x2)
1928-S
1935
1935-S

All are heavily circulated and some look to have old cleaning. Sadly, there's
nothing spectacular here, so I'd offer $55-$60 for the lot; basically melt
value.

Jerry

Old September 6th 04, 06:00 PM
PCameron

Thanks for enumerating. I guess I should have done that :-)

I figured they weren't much more than melt value as they are quite worn and
scratched up. Thanks much.

Old September 6th 04, 06:20 PM
Bill Krummel

"Jerry Dennis" wrote in message
If the obverses match their corresponding reverse positions (and I make

out the
mint marks correctly), I see you have:

1921 Morgan
1922 (x3)
1922-S
1923
1923-D (x2)
1928-S
1935
1935-S

All are heavily circulated and some look to have old cleaning. Sadly,

there's
nothing spectacular here, so I'd offer $55-$60 for the lot; basically melt
value.

Jerry

While I agree with how much Jerry suggests to offer, it looks to me like
several of the Peace dollars are decent AUs, perhaps never circulated but
poorly stored and abused and not attractive because of the stains. Still,
as Jerry said, nothing spectacular and I can sell dollars like those for
$7 - $8 each at the coin club auctions, so an offer of $60 for the group
seems reasonable. Probably $75 tops. Bill

Old September 6th 04, 08:11 PM
Miketuch1

They made only 1,006,473 1921 Peace Dollars. That's the one I'd hang on to.
Think 20 years from now.

Mike