I need some advice.

Old August 22nd 05, 05:51 PM
Bob

Default I need some advice.

I recently won an auction and had a package delivered to my house via
UPS. Unfortunately I did not receive it. I contacted the company and
it's one everyone would know and told them that I had not received it
yet and was moving so if it was returned to please redirect it. All I
got was very brief answers to my emails saying well it was delivered.
After going back and fourth I emailed the owner and someone new emailed
me. They put a trace through UPS and I spoke to someone who called from
UPS and asked if I checked with the landlord and out back and so
fourth. Then today I get an email from the auction place saying UPS
informed them that I acknowledged receipt which obliviously I didn't.
So now they are contacting UPS again. In reading through the email
chains as there were several and I noticed this;

Can you please contact this customer - I see the tracking number and
that it was less than $200 so no sig required - but since he has only
ever spent 300+ dollars with us not sure what he is talking about when
he says long time customer!

So now I'm kind of taking offense, like they don't believe me or
I'm not important enough to them. Now I'm not sure how much I have
spent but I'm sure it was pretty good money if you add it up. From
memory I bought a Madonna/Tina Turner/Courtney Love,
Sean Connery, John Candy and a Ewan McGregor. Now that's over 4 years
but I would have thought it would make me a decent customer.

Any one have any advice?? I didn't list the company because I don't
want to trash them, I'm just frustrated.

Also has anyone had a package go missing? I have had 4 in 7 years, 2
while at this last address ( I think it was the 16 year old neighbor
but have no proof at all, other then the the first package disappeared
after a conversation about autographs), one that was mailed while they
were having problems with anthrack in the mail and one that was ordered
around Xmas.

Old August 22nd 05, 06:10 PM
AutographPros.com

Keep in mind, if you are buying from this seller, obviously you know what
you are doing, so that means they are probably a larger scale seller, and
it's just very hard to keep up with every item when you are selling on large
scales, especially in the summer when help can be unreliable. The fact you
read that part about you not being a large scale customer is bad, but really
appears the seller took the time to research you which often times sellers
won't even have the time to do. Again, it sounds like they are in error
about your purchase totals but simply put, they sent the item, provided the
tracking #, contacted UPS, and researched your history in their files. Not
sure if you can really hold that comment against you.

As far as your options, make sure you don't let this get to 30 days from
payment as Paypal won't cover you and I'm not sure about your credit card or
eBay as well. If you got this off eBay, file a non-receipt claim, you may
be protected. If you paid with paypal, again, submit a dispute/chargeback.
Same goes if you paid by credit card. Just make sure you contact the
auction house and keep them informed of what your actions are, and make them
aware you'll be happy to fill out any insurance claim forms necessary for
them to retrieve their funds. Again, have a little patience as I'm sure
this company is probably busy but just as important, when you contact them,
keep them well informed of all information like address, date you paid, ups
tracking #, and what they were supposed to be doing which in this recent
case, was to contact ups and possibly initiate a claim. Hope this helps.

--

Michael Kasmar
400+ Autographs on eBay, most with photo proof at the time of signing.
oups.com...

Old August 22nd 05, 06:19 PM
Sue H

if the company is someone low, don't expect much. If they are a
national brand or chain, then forward the emai back to them, tell them
you are offended and explain why and that someone forged your
signature... and you are looking to options of filing charges. It
might scare them. Also, contact UPS, ask to see the signature and
tell them that you did NOT sign and are going to put a bug's ear into
anyone who'll listen about their business practces.... you may be able
to file a BBB complaint against them.

In my view, NOBODY should be allowed to sign for a package with my
name on it. If I am not home, they should return it to the nearest UPS
dropoff point and put a slip in my box or something telling me to pick
it up at the center. Or that it will be redelivered. If I am charged
a small fee for redelivery, that's ok... because I wasn't home. I
would rather pay a small fee than have someone else get something I
paid hard earned money for.

This happened to me by the way with a Wal-Mart shipment. The exact
same thing.... only Wal-Mart sent me another. A good company will.
In the meantime, someone else was enjoying my electronics....free of
charge and that is NOT right. Some people will be honest and return
it, others won't. By the way, also, they can deliver to the WRONG
HOUSE and they can sign and it's a huge mistake to both UPS and the
neighbor or whatever. THAT has happened to me too. Only my neighbor
was honest and gave it to me. Not all are.

PS Most of the time, youi don't have to sign for anything. Many a
time, I came home from a weekend away only to have a large box in
front of my door. ANYONE could have stolen it! Their mode of
business is WRONG

Old August 22nd 05, 07:01 PM
Bob

It was from a sale through their auction site and direct billing to my
CC, I hadn't thought about the 30 days so if I don't get some
resolution I in the next day or so I'll the CC company. What was odd is
they mentioned the UPS said I confirmed receipt which I assume meant
from the UPS phone call but I obliviously never acknowledged getting it
and the person I was talking to was very nice. We had a good laugh
because she thought it was funny I was buying a Harry Potter autograph
so I went with it, yes I'm 35 and bought HP stuff.

And Sue you're response made me think on something, UPS had left a
package at my door by accident one time, it was intended for unit 1 not
11 and I opened it without looking at the name. It was a female item
and clearly not meant for me. I was embarrassed for me and her and
didn't want them to know I opened, so I sealed it up and left it out
in front of their door and around midnight that night. I suppose it may
have been left at another unit and someone kept it.

I just feel like I'm not important enough or that they don't
believe me and it's frustrating, it may not be a big deal to them but
it is to me. And I'm just tired of having to fight with everyone,
wouldn't it be nice to just have an issue, call up somebody and have
it taken care of.

Old August 22nd 05, 07:14 PM
Sue H

That's right, that's true...credit cards often have protection that
you may have and not be aware of. I got a credit for a magazine on my
credit card that I never received. So it's possible they'll give you
some level of attitude, but they'll cover the costs and remove it from
your credit card.

Also, Pay Pal can reimburse if you for items over 25.00 so if you paid
200, they'll reimburse up to 175 MAYBE (if they think UPS is
responsible, they might not; if they thing it's the seller, they
will).

Old August 22nd 05, 07:19 PM
Sue H

I am with you Bob. I don't understand why ANYONE can sign for stuff
and I'll state this too as I think you said if it's over 200 you have
to sign. I've had thing under 200 I signed for and things over 200
NOT signed for left at my door. There is nothing worse than waiting
for a package that was supposed to be delivered Friday and you left
Saturday and Sunday and didn't come home till late sunday evening and
knowing a 400 PC monitor has been sitting out on your stoop the whole
weekend. If I'd not have had a Holly Bush covering most of its view,
someone probably would have stolent it! WHY do they do that????? I
think they need to have their business practices looked into. But WHO
does that???? I wouldn't know whose ear to bend.

Old August 22nd 05, 08:57 PM
Olde Hippie

I'm thinking the "error" is UPS, not the seller. I have been fighting
with these morons for many years now.

NOTHING is to be left here without a signature, and absolutely NO DR
(driver release) allowed. I do not understand why they have those neat
electronic signature pads if the stupid driver can sign for OUR
packages.

I lost my Federal Firearms License because these morons were leaving
weapons on the back step. This is a residential area BUT a home based
business and therefore anything that comes to the door is suppose to be
signed for..We have also had them try to deliver stuff for another
address, or even a neighbor without asking for signature, lucky for the
other folks we catch it before the jerk gets away from our steps and we
make them take it to the right party AFTER explaining yet again why all
deliveries are to be signed for.

I've called regional office and local office yet they tried again a few
days back to leave with no signature. I wish we could keep our two
regular drivers, both are very good at delivering here.

Basically I've said all that to show you best look at UPS, not the
seller. In fact demand UPS show you your signature accepting the
package (bet they can't produce your signature), then go from there.

Good luck,

Olde Hippie

Old August 22nd 05, 09:20 PM
AutographPros.com

Stay open-minded, if UPS told you that the customer said they got it, then
understandably that's what you would think as well. My suggestion on a
Credit Card chargeback is a pretty extreme step so again, give the company
the chance to make this right in their own way, but call your card to find
out your deadlines on filing the chargeback. I'd hate to see you ruin your
standings with this company on one of my suggestions because chargebacks are
a very irritating process and if you can avoid it and give the seller a
chance to mail you a refund or substitute for another photo, then that's the
way to go. Unfortunately UPS works on a cost basis. It costs them more
time/$ to come back another day, so in their view, they'd sooner leave the
package there. Of all left package, probably only less than 1% get
lost/stolen, so factoring in the cost it would take to NOT leave the
packages all those bazillions of times, then the reasoning becomes clear.
My suggestion for future reference is to insist all packages you get be
signed for by contacting both the future Seller and to UPS.

--

Michael Kasmar
400+ Autographs on eBay, most with photo proof at the time of signing.
Click the eBay store link on our website.
www.AutographPros.com
When you want REAL autographs, you go to the Pros!

ups.com...

Old August 22nd 05, 10:15 PM
Bob

Ok the latest. I sent them yet another email to check on the status and
told them I was slightly offended at the conversation that went back
and fourth and was inadvertently included in my email. They did
apologize and basically said they don't consider a 5 year customer a
long term one but water under the bridge.

They said UPS confirmed that they went pack to the address and spoke
with me and I confirmed I received the package, Problem is the claim
was put in after I moved out of state so as you can guess that never
happened. So a UPS person has supposedly has been trying to call me but
I am not returning her calls. So I asked them to find out the number
they were calling, because I got no messages. Turns out they had the
wrong number. So most of the problem lies with UPS, but I do have some
concerns about the customer service, it has been less then acceptable
on any level but after my last email I think they have seen my point of
view. At no point should how much money I have spent govern the amount
of customer service I get but it appears as though it was doing just
that. So I listed some of my purchases and it looks like 400.00 from
their site and at least that much if not more from Ebay, so for 1,000
(ouch didn't realize it was that much) I'm not a bad customer.

Old August 22nd 05, 11:09 PM
Sue H

Here's the thing...any customer, long term or not should be regarded
the same way. And five years seems to me a good long term
customer.... That's ridiculous but nevertheless they are losing a
customer who could potentially be a long term in their view customer
and also, others you may potentially warn. I myself will stay
clear...... if they are treating you like that, by not considering you
worthy.... then what are the odds a new customer like myself would be
treated well? Not very good if you ask me.