Teletrade Accidental Cherry-Pick

Old September 3rd 04, 11:20 AM
Tom Kindschi

Default Teletrade Accidental Cherry-Pick

Was so excited by my $20 Saint (covered in another thread), that I
barely got around to looking at Teletrade win #2.

Nothing extremely exciting....1881 Nickel 3cent, PCGS MS62. I'm now
about 30% of the way to a full business strike MS set. Not much cost
compared to coins of comparable age and grade, and very little
competition. (I just have to hope that the government, in their
infinite wisdom, will decide to replace the Lincoln cent with a 3 cent
coin. Then I'll cash in on a suddenly popular series. I can dream,
can't I?

But while looking at the date, I saw something odd. A little nub of
metal in front of the final "1". I pulled out my copy of the
Flynn/Fletcher book on the series, and sure enough it's listed:
RPD-005. Every die crack and diagnostic matches!

Then I pulled out the Cherry Picker's guide, and it's listed there as
well: FS#3CN-006.8, with a URS-5 ("9 to 16 known"). Picture with
this listing looks even MORE like my coin.

Okay, so I won't get rich on this coin. Nobody is knocking down doors
looking for one. But it is a nice little bonus.

Is it still a Cherry Pick if it just falls into your hands?

Tom

Old September 5th 04, 10:34 AM
Aram H. Haroutunian

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 10:20:05 GMT, Tom Kindschi
wrote:

[...]

YES. Even more so. Like falling into a hole in the ground with a
treasure chest at the bottom. Thrilling!!
Aram.
Old September 6th 04, 01:55 AM
joecoin

Tom Kindschi wrote in
:

[...]

Sure it is, you had to know enough to check it out and identify it.

--
Joecoin

Copper is as copper does.