Nice Russian coin on e-fake

Old September 5th 04, 01:56 PM
Michael E. Marotta

RW Julian wrote:
Thanks for the assist. I also wrote ebay about this piece and ...

I followed the link to the Coins Community Watch that Phil recommended
(http://babyurl.com/48ligF) and read through most of the beginning,
middle, and end. It was predictable. Everyone complained that they
had sent innumerable complaints and nothing had been done and eBay
replied that they were concerned about the problem. There was also
the singular post from someone denouncing the ANA, which is also
typical of any coin thread running 100 items.

It will take eBay and the ANA some time to bring this up to speed.
Perhaps the best gauge is to ask a leading stamp collector how things
are working out in Philately with eBay. The Coins Community Watch is
apparently not the first such effort.

Personally, one way to put this all into some perspective is to read
the rules from eBay and realize that their examples are about purses
and watches, not coins and stamps. Most of what happens on eBay has
nothing to do with us. We just take ourselves very seriously. For
most people the deaths of 400 hostages at a school in Russia eclipses
worries that a 19th century Siberian coin might be a fake.

Michael
ANA R-162953
Old September 5th 04, 04:03 PM
Scottishmoney

"Michael E. Marotta" wrote in message
Personally, one way to put this all into some perspective is to read
the rules from eBay and realize that their examples are about purses
and watches, not coins and stamps. Most of what happens on eBay has
nothing to do with us. We just take ourselves very seriously. For
most people the deaths of 400 hostages at a school in Russia eclipses
worries that a 19th century Siberian coin might be a fake.

Michael
ANA R-162953

I beg to differ with you, to the media in the USA the news from Russia is
just another body count. So what if they are women, small children,
innocents all, whom were brutally massacred at the hands of Al Qaeda allied
Chechens. Have a look at some of the Russian news services, the images are
graphic, and then, and only then will you truly appreciate HOW Russia feels
right now. President Putin is on television last night saying that Russia
is weak and must strengthen to fight these *******s. Frankly if I were
parking my bum in the White House now, I would be on the horn with Putin
pondering how we were going to going to mutually destroy these *******s.

Someday, hopefully soon, the USA and their media will realise that the
Chechens are not "freedom fighters" but islamic extremists one in one in
league with Al Qaeda. Their aim is the destruction of Western civilisation
and a return to 11th century mores. The only option is their destruction,
NOT ours.

Dave

---

Old September 5th 04, 04:19 PM
Nick Knight

In , on 09/05/2004
at 11:03 AM, "Scottishmoney" said:

Someday, hopefully soon, the USA and their media will realise that the
Chechens are not "freedom fighters" but islamic extremists one in one in
league with Al Qaeda.

What? Is this supposed to be some sort of secret?? I could have SWORN the
"USA and their media" has been saying Just That. That's the perception I
have ... and I'll fess up to being part of "the USA".

I could stereotype the stereotypers, but I might end up looking just as
silly.

But we're straying away from coins, and I don't normally discuss these types
of things with strangers, online or off. Simply participating in my other
hobby. Here. Again.

Nick
Old September 5th 04, 05:24 PM
Scottishmoney

"Nick Knight" wrote in message news:413b2e6d$1
What? Is this supposed to be some sort of secret?? I could have SWORN

the
"USA and their media" has been saying Just That. That's the perception I
have ... and I'll fess up to being part of "the USA".

Actually until quite recently the media were rather sympathetic to the
plight of the "poor" chechen terrorists. They were not categorised in the
same vain that the 9/11 terrorists were, but rather fighting for the
independence of Chechenya. They were blowing up apartment buildings in
Moscow and Sankt Peterburg, a fact that got very very little press here.
They have had suicide bombers on buses and Metro stations for years now, but
the American media saw scant of it.

I could stereotype the stereotypers, but I might end up looking just as
silly.

Er, You already do:
http://tinyurl.com/6rv4x

But we're straying away from coins, and I don't normally discuss these

types
of things with strangers, online or off. Simply participating in my other
hobby. Here. Again.

Nick

The above statement is a classic Reidism. Talk about something off topic,
deny doing it, then say you don't normally discuss such things. Oh and then
just add that you are participating in your hobby.

Dave
"What hobby?"

---

Old September 5th 04, 07:54 PM
Nick Knight

In , on 09/05/2004
at 12:24 PM, "Scottishmoney" said:

The above statement is a classic Reidism. Talk about something off topic,
deny doing it, then say you don't normally discuss such things. Oh and
then just add that you are participating in your hobby.

Sorry, I don't care if it's a "Reidism" or not. I know it's mob-fashionable
to bash Reid, and prehaps you'll garnish some support now that you've done
so. And I know it's also quite stylish in some, er, "under recognized"
countries to bash the USA ... and perhaps you'll find even more support
there. I doubt it, but you can try.

I simply replied to a moronic statement, admitting this is in the realm of
my secondary hobby: pointing out morons. I've done so. And I've also
accurately pointed out that the topic has nothing to do with coins. And I
rarely post about these types of things. Which is also accurate. I don't
recall denying anything ... I'll chalk that up to your own wishful reading
and/or comprehension problems.

So, what don't you understand? (rhetorical)

I saw absolutely no sympathetic news broadcasts as you claim. They have
powerful alcohol in your neck of the woods, eh? Perhaps you should lay off
while watching your "merican" TV ... you're not tuning in correctly on
multiple fronts.

Duh.

Nick
Old September 6th 04, 01:41 AM
Scottishmoney

"Nick Knight" wrote in message news:413b60e9$2

Duh.

Nick

You and your doppelganger say that a lot.

Dave
"There you go again" Ronald Reagan

---