Napoleone ImperATORE E RE 1811 Gold Coin

Old January 30th 05, 09:20 PM
Will

Default Napoleone ImperATORE E RE 1811 Gold Coin

My father has an Italian 40 Lire gold coin dated 1811 with the
words on the front:

"Napoleone ImperATORE E RE 1811 Gold Coin"

Given the history of the coin I believe it is an original and not
a fake. If it is in good condition, what is the likely value?
I saw fakes of this coin on eBay going for next to nothing, but I
could not locate any originals.

--
Will
Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com

Old January 30th 05, 09:33 PM
James Higby

"Will" wrote in message
My father has an Italian 40 Lire gold coin dated 1811 with the
words on the front:

"Napoleone ImperATORE E RE 1811 Gold Coin"

It's Italian and it actually says "Gold Coin"?

Given the history of the coin I believe it is an original and not
a fake. If it is in good condition, what is the likely value?
I saw fakes of this coin on eBay going for next to nothing, but I
could not locate any originals.

A genuine 40-lire 1811M gold piece from Italy/Kingdom of Napoleon lists in
Krause at $225 in very fine.

--
Will
Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com

James

Old January 30th 05, 09:34 PM
gogu

Ο "Will" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
My father has an Italian 40 Lire gold coin dated 1811 with the
words on the front:

"Napoleone ImperATORE E RE 1811 Gold Coin"

Given the history of the coin I believe it is an original and not
a fake. If it is in good condition, what is the likely value?

Simon (Friedberg catalogue) says:
XF-$300
UNC-$800
But don't expect to get those prices, especially if it's not slabbed...

I saw fakes of this coin on eBay going for next to nothing, but I
could not locate any originals.

How do you know they were fakes ?

--
E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html
http://www.romclub.4t.com/rabin.html

--
Will
Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com

Old January 30th 05, 11:41 PM
Will

No, the coin doesn't "say" gold coin. Can I be descriptive
without you assuming that every description I write is a literal
expression on the object being described?

Thank you for the approximate value.

--
Will

Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com

James

Old January 30th 05, 11:42 PM
Will

I know they were fakes because the auctions used words like
"Model of 1814 M...." I assume one would not use the word
"model" in reference to a genuine coin.

--
Will

Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com

Old January 31st 05, 12:00 AM
James Higby

"Will" wrote in message
No, the coin doesn't "say" gold coin. Can I be descriptive
without you assuming that every description I write is a literal
expression on the object being described?

In the light of all the bizarre things I've seen being auctioned online in
the past year, I don't take anything for granted anymore.

Thank you for the approximate value.

I am at your service.

James

Old February 1st 05, 02:22 PM
Seanie The Grik-Slapper !

They ere offered by a Romanian who had an address in greece