Limerick Coin Contest Rules

Old June 25th 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
numist

Default PC (was Limerick Coin Contest Rules)

One day when I thought I had time,
I looked through a pile for a dime.
In mountains of nickels
more common than pickles,
I ended my search with a trime!

Ric B.

Old June 25th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Anka

On Jun 25, 3:55?am, Aram H. Haroutunian wrote:

Some fellas in RCC Land
Showed off with their limericks and,
With deftness and skill,
Their words fit the bill.
Let's give them a rip roaring hand!

Excellent! I love it! (Except for the "fellas.") ;-)

~Anka

Old June 26th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
JLR

Default Limerick Coin Contest Rules

"PC" wrote in message
This coin contest is for a mystery coin prize; the likes of which may be
announced by the recipient in late July if he/she so chooses. The contest
will involve writing a limerick and posting it to RCC while observing the
following rules.

1) The subject of the limerick can be from the following list: coins, RCC,
a person you know through coins or coin collecting, or a member of RCC.

2) The winner will be determined by a process that will be described after
the close of entries on July 1 at Midnight Eastern Time.

3) The format of the limerick will be according to the following
guidelines:
http://www.oardc.ohio-state.edu/fabe...poetrytips.htm

LIMERICKS
* There are five lines in a limerick
* The rhyme scheme is a a b b a
* Lines 1, 2, and 5 rhyme
* Lines 3 and 4 rhyme
* While the number of syllables per line may vary, generally a limerick
follows this structu
* Line 1: 8 syllables
* Line 2: 8 syllables
* Line 3: 5 syllables
* Line 4: 5 syllables
* Line 5: 8 syllables

I will allow a variance of one syllable provided that all lines of 'a' are
the same number of syllables and all lines of 'b' are the same number of
syllables.

4) The limerick must should posted as a reply in this thread. You may
change the subject if you like.

5) There will be a bonus winner determined by a process that will be
described after the close of entries on July 1 at Midnight Eastern Time.
The bonus winner will win the same prize as the regular winner. If the
same person that wins the contest is also the bonus winner, the second
prize will be different than the first.

6) Anyone may enter except for the Gogu troll and, please, no sock
puppets. If beekeep wins then he has to pay shipping costs.

If there are any questions, please ask.

Here is my shot....

Coin questions and doubts bog my mind

As answers I don't seldom find

Avoiding tough lessons

Becomes an obsession

Glad the wise in this group are so kind

Jorge

Old June 27th 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Amistad" wrote in message
"Bruce Remick" decided to muse about bygone years:
Heck, as kids we said that all the time in Rhode Island, of course
without the "R", which we had little use for in most words. Hey, who
fahdded? Ha ha ha.

A fellow named Bruce once reflected,
About how his speech was inflected.
"No need for an ah,
When pahkin the cah,
So long as the thought stays connected!"

Amistad
'enjoying a Sunday afternoon!'

I knew a collector of quarters
Who put away sets for his daughters
But one preferred stamps
And the others were tramps
So he_________________________

Bruce

Old June 27th 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dale Hallmark

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"Amistad" wrote in message
"Bruce Remick" decided to muse about bygone years:
Heck, as kids we said that all the time in Rhode Island, of course
without the "R", which we had little use for in most words. Hey, who
fahdded? Ha ha ha.

A fellow named Bruce once reflected,
About how his speech was inflected.
"No need for an ah,
When pahkin the cah,
So long as the thought stays connected!"

Amistad
'enjoying a Sunday afternoon!'

I knew a collector of quarters
Who put away sets for his daughters
But one preferred stamps
And the others were tramps
So he_________________________

Bruce

I knew a collector of half-dollars
Who bought many sets for his daughters
But one preferred stamps
And the others were scamps
Who spent his half-dollars on text messaging

:-0 :-)

Old June 27th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Aram H. Haroutunian

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:58:25 -0700, Anka wrote:

On Jun 25, 3:55?am, Aram H. Haroutunian wrote:

Some fellas in RCC Land
Showed off with their limericks and,
With deftness and skill,
Their words fit the bill.
Let's give them a rip roaring hand!

Excellent! I love it! (Except for the "fellas.") ;-)

~Anka

Ooooopsie. "folks out" or "people" or "authors"-
all would have been better. Of course.
Aram.

Old June 27th 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Amistad" wrote in message
[...]

Okay. You...er...win, Dale.

Old June 27th 07, 12:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Clayton

"Amistad" wrote in message
"Bruce Remick" decided to muse about bygone years:
Heck, as kids we said that all the time in Rhode Island, of course
without the "R", which we had little use for in most words. Hey, who
fahdded? Ha ha ha.

A fellow named Bruce once reflected,
About how his speech was inflected.
"No need for an ah,
When pahkin the cah,
So long as the thought stays connected!"

Amistad
'enjoying a Sunday afternoon!'

I knew a collector of quarters
Who put away sets for his daughters
But one preferred stamps
And the others were tramps
So he_________________________

So he let them all spend it on porter.

Rather old fashioned word for beer there!

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old June 27th 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Clayton

"Amistad" wrote in message
"Bruce Remick" decided to muse about bygone years:
Heck, as kids we said that all the time in Rhode Island, of course
without the "R", which we had little use for in most words. Hey, who
fahdded? Ha ha ha.

A fellow named Bruce once reflected,
About how his speech was inflected.
"No need for an ah,
When pahkin the cah,
So long as the thought stays connected!"

Amistad
'enjoying a Sunday afternoon!'

I knew a collector of quarters
Who put away sets for his daughters
But one preferred stamps
And the others were tramps
So he_________________________

So he let them all spend it on porter.

So he went and spent them on porter.

That is a bit better, I think!

Rather old fashioned word for beer there!

Made with a dark malt - a bit like stout.

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old June 27th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bob

"Amistad" wrote in message
"Bruce Remick" decided to muse about bygone years:
Heck, as kids we said that all the time in Rhode Island, of
course
without the "R", which we had little use for in most words.
Hey, who
fahdded? Ha ha ha.

A fellow named Bruce once reflected,
About how his speech was inflected.
"No need for an ah,
When pahkin the cah,
So long as the thought stays connected!"

Amistad
'enjoying a Sunday afternoon!'

I knew a collector of quarters
Who put away sets for his daughters
But one preferred stamps
And the others were tramps
So he_________________________

So he chastized her like he ourter.
Bob-tx

So he let them all spend it on porter.

Rather old fashioned word for beer there!

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
http://www.coins-of-the-uk.co.uk
Sent using RISCOS on an Acorn Strong Arm RiscPC
... ASCII and ye shall receive.