FA: Ancient & World For Auction - Several Rare & Scarce

Old January 31st 05, 04:47 PM
Jim

Default FA: Ancient & World For Auction - Several Rare & Scarce

Greetings,

I have several auctions running right now on eBay (USA & UK),
Overstock & Yahoo:

EBAY:
-----
PM66 Sabina Dupondius - affordable example

PM66 THEODORA AE4 SCARCE!

PM66 Mysore India Better Lion 20 Cash Coin

PM66 Nazi 5 Marks - Hindenburg

PM66 Nazarana Rupee Indore - RARE!

PM66 Hammered Edward Penny #1

PM66 Hammered Edward Penny #2

PM66 James I Shilling IRELAND

PM66 Nice Crown from Australia - EF!

NOTE-Several of these are charity auctions
Overstock:
----------
PM66 Ancient & Medieval Silver Lot 1
http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bi...ODUCTID=928254

PM66 AUGUSTUS AR Tetradrachm - BIBLE COIN!
http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bi...ODUCTID=928258

PM66 RARE Middle Eastern Athenian Silver Fraction
http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bi...ODUCTID=928261

PM66 1773 King George III Halfpenny
http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bi...ODUCTID=931727

Yahoo:
------
Nice Lion! Mysore 20 (XX) Cash Coin
http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo....ction/88980536

Thanks for looking,

Jim

Stores:
-------
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/polymath66
http://user.auctions.shopping.yahoo....er/polymath66m
http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bi...&USRID=8187423

My Clubs:
---------
Ancient & Medieval Coins
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ancientandmedievalcoins

Indian Coins & Banknotes
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IndianCoinsandBanknotes

Polymath Numismatics & Etcetera - Low Frequency Auction Announcements
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/polyma...atics_etcetera
Old January 31st 05, 09:25 PM
Ian

Jim wrote:

I have several auctions running right now on eBay (USA & UK),
Overstock & Yahoo:

Jim,

Just for interest (one of your items caught my eye) I tried to register
with Overstock.com. Although I could set up an account relatively
easily, it is absolutely useless. Why? Apparently in order to place any
bids I have to register a valid credit card with them. Why is that a
problem? Because they don't have the means of verifying credit cards
other than those registered in the USA.

At least that's what they said in a nice email subsequent to my raising
a query as to why no `country' on their pro-forma (given that I do not
live in any of the states mentioed in the drop down menu). They did say
however that they might review that at some point in the future though
(unspecified).

In other words anything you put on Overstock. com will attract bids from
within the US only. You won't see any bids from me or any other furriner
however. Somehow I don't think that Overstock.com is quite the step
forward you might have hoped it to be. Maybe it will be at some point in
the future (unspecified) but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.

Ian
Old February 1st 05, 12:40 AM
Michael R

"Jim" wrote in message
Greetings,

I have several auctions running right now on eBay (USA & UK),
Overstock & Yahoo:

Jim,

Overall, which site do YOU prefer to sell on, so far?

Tempted by the lion.
--
Michael R
AKA mrae7 on Ebay/Yahoo