FA: Lots Closing TUESDAY + Important Auction Announcement

Old August 23rd 04, 12:30 AM
Jim

Default FA: Lots Closing TUESDAY + Important Auction Announcement

Greetings,

I currently have several group lots available. 1 Judean lot of 20
coins and 4 lots of 10 Late Roman Bronzes with 1 large
(dupondi/assari) Early Roman Bronze. The Judean lot is mostly/partly
cleaned, the Roman lots are mostly uncleaned with a few partly
cleaned. Here they a

PM66 20 Mixed Judeans - WINNER TAKE ALL!

PM66 20 Late Roman AEs w/1 LARGE Early Coin #1

PM66 20 Late Roman AEs w/1 LARGE Early Coin #2

PM66 20 Late Roman AEs w/1 LARGE Early Coin #3

PM66 20 Late Roman AEs w/1 LARGE Early Coin #4

I will soon also have a small but nice selection of higher grade Roman
silver coins ranging from nice VF to nearFDC including a Lucius Verus.
I will also have several large Roman bronzes, mostly earlier in nice
Fine to EF condition including a very high grade As of Hadrian with a
Pax standing on Dacian captive which shows remarkable detail and a
sestertius of Gordianus III with a Securitas Avg reverse that I have
been unable to locate in any books or on any of the online research
sites. There will additionally be some higher quality Late Roman AEs
from Britain mostly, included will be some nice URBS ROMA coins and
some nice Constantinian Era coins, some with very nice silvering.

Very soon I will also be auctioning some desireable British and
British World coins. I have some British and British World Crowns,
Halfcrowns, Trade Dollars, Shillings, Sixpence, Threepence and some
other silvers dating from the 1200s to the early 20th century. I have
decided to launch about half or so on the UK ebay site (as they are of
British interest) and a bit less among the American, Canadian &
Australian sites. Many of the coins from the 1600s to the 1900s are
high grade examples ranging from VF to AU. I even have 1 real rarity,
a 1697 Halfcrown of William III with an edge lettering error. The word
TVTAMEN has an inverted "A" where the "V" should be. Spink does not
even give it a price, only lists it as Extremely Rare.

Some other coins included will be:

1700 William III Halfcrown w/rev adjustment mark EF w/lustre

1820 George III Halfcrown nEF

1823 George IIII Halfcrown VF+

1893 Victoria LVI Crown AU

1950 George VI 5 Shillings (South Africa) EF/AU

1899, 1902 & 1930 British Trade Dollars EF

1902 Edward VII Crown EF

1907 Edward VII Straits Settlement Trade Dollar

1604-19 (undated) James I Shilling

and much, much more. There will also be some coins of Charles II,
Elizabeth I and some other earlier rulers. There will also be some
bronze coins of Roman Britain. The Auction will begin Thursday,
September 2 and end Sunday Sept 12.

Thats all for now,

Jim

Thanks for looking!

The Sto

http://www.stores.ebay.com/polymathn...icsandetcetera

Old August 23rd 04, 01:18 AM
Scottishmoney

Whoops, in the auction headings you have 20 coins, but in the Romans there
are only 10 coins in each lot.

Dave

--
emails to (myuserid).at.lycos.com

Tir nam Beann, nan Gleann, s'nan Gaisgeach - Saor Alba A-Nis!

---