check out the S&H on this item

Old November 2nd 03, 05:06 AM
Aladdin Sane

Default check out the S&H on this item

*
/?\
/___\
-O=O-
^
AS & His Magic Hat

A conclusion is simply the place
where you decided to stop thinking.

Old November 2nd 03, 02:27 PM
Bob Peterson

$3.49 is not all that far out of line. I bet a lot of ebay sellers just
don't think of creative ways to reduce shipping costs.

I emailed a seller the other day and advised her that her $8 shipping charge
was probably responsible for her item not getting any bids and that she
could fit the item into a priority mail fixed price envelope for $3.85. She
wrote me back and thanked me, as she was shipping them out in boxes and
packing material she was buying and $8 was close to her actual cost.

"Aladdin Sane" wrote in message

*
/?\
/___\
-O=O-
^

Old November 2nd 03, 05:35 PM
Coin Saver

check out the S&H on this item

Probably looking to send it Priority Mail.

Winning bid: One cent...

8-/
Coin Saver
Old November 2nd 03, 08:10 PM
Bob Flaminio

Aladdin Sane wrote:

$3.49 shipping, sold for one cent; total cost to buyer $3.50 -- a little
high for that coin, but not outrageous. I suspect this will be a happy
transaction all around.

--
Bob

Old November 2nd 03, 08:56 PM
Edward McGrath

8-/

Old November 2nd 03, 09:27 PM
Bernhard Rich

A bubble envelope insured would even be cheaper.

Old November 2nd 03, 10:31 PM
Keith Fletcher

It's an under-$50 coin so the 'cheap insurance' can be used -- I think it's
only fifty cents. A lot of people don't klnow about that, though, it uses a
different form and everything.

--Keith

Old November 3rd 03, 01:31 AM
Bob Flaminio

Keith Fletcher wrote:
It's an under-$50 coin so the 'cheap insurance' can be used -- I
think it's only fifty cents. A lot of people don't klnow about that,
though, it uses a different form and everything.

The "cheap" insurance actually costs $1.30 -- and it's almost never
worth it. For an under-$50 coin, I'd rather just take my chances than
shell out $1.30 each time. Plus you get the big "STEAL ME", er,
"INSURED" sticker on the package as a bonus. No thanks.

--
Bob

Old November 3rd 03, 05:17 AM
Michael R

"Keith Fletcher" wrote in message
It's an under-$50 coin so the 'cheap insurance' can be used -- I think

it's
only fifty cents. A lot of people don't klnow about that, though, it uses

different form and everything.

--Keith

"Aladdin Sane" wrote in message

Cheap insurance? 50 cents? Not the Post Office.

Michael R