1700's Pipe Tomahawk, Porcupine Quill Knife Scabbard, Rare Map Powder Horn, Beautiful Cheyenne Parflesh Travel Bag, 1748 Boone Land Grant, 6 foot Crewel Work Tree of Life, American Tavern Table, Karl Bodmer, Robert Redbird, Ste. Genevieve Portraits,

Old May 5th 04, 07:41 PM
Megan McGee's

Default 1700's Pipe Tomahawk, Porcupine Quill Knife Scabbard, Rare Map Powder Horn, Beautiful Cheyenne Parflesh Travel Bag, 1748 Boone Land Grant, 6 foot Crewel Work Tree of Life, American Tavern Table, Karl Bodmer, Robert Redbird, Ste. Genevieve Portraits,

Good afternoon –

I am excited and honored to offer on e-bay over the next few weeks an
exclusive selection of artifacts and antiquities from the Fort
Charrette trading post museum.

Items to be auctioned include –

· Pine one door w/double raised panels American cupboard , all
original hardware

· Dakota Sioux American flag beaded scabbard

· Missouri German pine sideboard w/yellow grained paint

· Original land grant to George Boone, Daniel's father, Berks County,
PA

· Exquisite paint decorated Cheyenne parflesh travel bag, c. 1850's

· Original Indian trade iron pipe tomahawk, c. 1700's

· Quill hunting knife scabbard w/knife with lead insert

· Silver French cross of Lorraine w/1700's Venetian glass trade beads

· Kiowa artist Robert Redbird original acrylic and watercolor of two
Indians on a snowy ridge, framed and matted

· Immense crewelwork tapestry of tree of life, signed "M. N. Van Camp,
19?8"

· Original oil and pastel on paper of men at campfire w/oxen carreta,
signed "Rios Pintos"

· Large Apache olla basket w/horses and human figures, c. 1950's

· Strand of 30 original Venetian glass "Lewis & Clark" trade beads

· Large print of George Caleb Bingham's painting of Boone leading
Immigrants across the Cumberland Gap into Kentucky" in gilt antique
walnut frame

· Unsigned original post Civil War allegorical oil of black man and
dog viewing a damaged slave cabin, c. 1860-70, original frame

· Watercolor of "Trapper's Last Shot", signed W. Ranney, study? for
his oil on canvas of same scene, original frame

· Pair of large original oil portraits of prominent Ste. Genevieve
couple, wearing identical mosaic stickpin in red grained flat back
frames

· Folio sized Karl Bodmer watercolor engraving of "Fort Union on the
Upper Missouri", stamp signed and gilt framed

· Authentic, one of a kind George Rogers Clark Expedition map powder
horn , c. 1778-79

A full list, with many pictures and the history of the Fort and a link
to my seller's list can be found here –

http://www.meganmcgees.com/fortcharr...charrette.html

This is an amazing 36+ year collection of offerings from our country's
Transmissippi wilderness history – from simple everyday tools and rare
Native American artifacts to superior furniture to museum quality
early American artwork, over 60 items in all. Many pieces have never
been offered to the public - you will find this to be a once in a
lifetime opportunity to own a piece of the past. Each auction will
start on Monday evening and run for seven days.

I normally deal in jewelry, but am doing these auctions for a friend.
If you know of a collector who might be interested, I would be very
grateful if you passed the information along – I wasn't even quite
sure what groups I should advertise them in.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Nora
Megan McGee's