"...., it should have had those phrases,

Old March 23rd 05, 10:49 PM
Bill Krummel

Default "...., it should have had those phrases,

but did not, causing some to refer to it as the "lawbreaker" coin."
Numismatic News, March 1, 2005, pg.61.

Without reading the article, does anyone know which coin some have referred
to as the "lawbreaker" coin?

For those who do not know and do not subscribe to NN, two clues;

I want one where I live.

Bill

Old March 25th 05, 05:12 PM
Bill Krummel

"Bill Krummel" wrote in message
but did not, causing some to refer to it as the "lawbreaker" coin."
Numismatic News, March 1, 2005, pg.61.

Without reading the article, does anyone know which coin some have
referred to as the "lawbreaker" coin?

For those who do not know and do not subscribe to NN, two clues;

I want one where I live.

Bill

Some have referred to the Missouri classic commemorative half as the
"lawbreaker" coin. It does not have any of these mottos; "IN GOD WE TRUST",
"E PLURIBUS UNUM", or "LIBERTY". According to the article, there are coins
that will be missing some of those mottos, but it is unusual for a coin to
be missing all.

My six word sentence contained two clues - I collect classic commemorative
halfs and I live in Missouri.

Bill

Old March 25th 05, 05:14 PM
Bill Krummel

[...]

Bingo! Correct answer, Bill. I see you also figured out your own clues.
Good job.

Bill

Old March 25th 05, 05:16 PM
Bill Krummel

[...]

Bill, are you all right? Doing ok? This seems a little strange.

Bill

Old March 25th 05, 05:19 PM
Bill Krummel

[...]

Yeah, I'm fine. Just having a little fun.

Bill

Old March 25th 05, 07:22 PM
Bill Krummel

"Randy Thompson" wrote in message
oups.com...
Bill, I often have the problem of no one replying to my posts, but I
don't think I've ever carried on the whole discussion with myself.

I read your original post and didn't have a clue. I don't recall the
Missouri commem being called the lawbreaker coin before. I don't own
one and didn't remember that it lacked all three mottos. I know
several other coins were technically lawbreakers when issued, including
the Morgan dollar. I guess I'm still a wannabe commem collector,
especially since I don't have a Hudson either.

"I read your original post and didn't have a clue."

Ahem. I gave two clues.

"I don't own one and didn't remember that it lacked all three mottos."

Honestly, I have never looked at any coin to see what mottoes are there. I
would have to pull out my Oregon (don't read that out loud if you are with
company, you may be misunderstood) or my Stone Mountain ( oh what the heck,
go ahead and read it out loud) just to see what mottoes are on those coins
or lacking.

"I guess I'm still a wannabe commem collector, especially since I don't have
a Hudson either."

I had a net graded Missouri once. I have yet to own a Hudson.

Bill

Old March 25th 05, 07:55 PM
Randy Thompson

Bill Krummel wrote:

"I read your original post and didn't have a clue."

Ahem. I gave two clues.

Maybe I should have said, " I had no clue as to how to interpret your
clues".

"I don't own one and didn't remember that it lacked all three

mottos."

Honestly, I have never looked at any coin to see what mottoes are

there. I
would have to pull out my Oregon (don't read that out loud if you are

with
company, you may be misunderstood) or my Stone Mountain ( oh what the

heck,
go ahead and read it out loud) just to see what mottoes are on those

coins
or lacking.

I may never look at an Oregon or Stone Mountain the same again. I may
give up collecting commems altogether now. Someone already ruined the
Delaware for me by making some reference to a baby with some intestinal
problems...

Old March 25th 05, 08:20 PM
Bob Flaminio

Bill Krummel wrote:
[...]

The only solution I can see here is for Bill to sell me his Grant. That
will make all right with the world.

--
Bob

Old March 25th 05, 08:32 PM
Bill Krummel

"Bob Flaminio" wrote in message
Bill Krummel wrote:
[...]

Baseball teams sometimes do three way trades, involving three different
ballclubs. Now, it seems to me that Bob Rudd had a Hudson to sell at one
time. So I am thinking; Bob Rudd sends me the Hudson, I send Flaminio my
Grant, and Flaminio sends something to Bob Rudd, maybe a commem to be named
later. I could live with that.

Bill

Old March 25th 05, 08:49 PM
Bill Krummel

Bill Krummel wrote:

[...]

Hahaha! I went to eBay to get a good look at a Delaware to see what the
heck you were talking about. A couple of years ago, a fellow collector in
the local coin club wanted to sell me a Delaware and I held it for awhile,
studied it, mulled it over and didn't make a deal, mainly on account of one
unsightly mark on the coin. Viewing that coin, though, caused me to put
Delaware rather far down on my list of commems to buy, because I just wasn't
impressed with the design. But I didn't recall seeing a baby or intestines.
One look at the auction image, courtesy of one of our "favorite" sellers;

and I saw the gaseous brat right away. I have to read the commem book now,
because I can't figure out what is meant by that element of the design. A
cloud wouldn't have rays emanating from it. Raindrops? The sun, behind the
cloud? Something entirely different? What am I missing? I'll read about
the Delaware this evening.

Bill