"Turkey threatens sanctions over French bill on Armenian issue"!!!

Old May 20th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default "Turkey threatens sanctions over French bill on Armenian issue"!!!

"The Space Boss" wrote in message
ups.com...

gogu wrote:
ALL THIS NASTY CROSS POSTED GOGU SPAM TO BE RETURNED TO HIS HOME
NEWSGROUP WHERE HIS SUPPORTERS HANG OUT

why should we suffer for for his activities on other newsgroups? It
just doesn't make any sense. Please leave rec.collecting.coins out of
this. Thank you.

When I was young and inexperienced on this newsgroup I attempted to coax
this guy into real numismatic dialog. I was told that my overture would
fail by some of the experienced regulars. They were right. It failed.
Now, two years later, he remains unreconstructed. Please allow me to now
pass the good advice down from my mentors and save you the effort as well.

Mr. Jaggers

And I remain inexperienced, having neglected to check for crossposts. Jeez,
I really do know better.

Mr. Jaggers

Old May 20th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

And I remain inexperienced, having neglected to check for crossposts.
Jeez,
I really do know better.

Mr. Jaggers

Now that you mention that I wonder is there a way to be warned about cross
posting by your news client? I use Outlook Express and am not too familar
with agnet or others. I have been caught in that same trap too.
mk

Old May 21st 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Storm's Hamilton" htcomp.net@storms wrote in message

And I remain inexperienced, having neglected to check for crossposts.
Jeez,
I really do know better.

Mr. Jaggers

Now that you mention that I wonder is there a way to be warned about cross
posting by your news client? I use Outlook Express and am not too familar
with agnet or others. I have been caught in that same trap too.
mk

Likewise do I use OE, and all the newsgroups one is posting to are clearly
listed in the outgoing header. In the heat and hurry of banging out a quick
response, we (I) usually don't bother to look there, hence mea culpa.

Mr. Jaggers

Old May 22nd 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Storm's Hamilton" htcomp.net@storms wrote in message

And I remain inexperienced, having neglected to check for crossposts.
Jeez,
I really do know better.

Mr. Jaggers

Now that you mention that I wonder is there a way to be warned about cross
posting by your news client? I use Outlook Express and am not too familar
with agnet or others. I have been caught in that same trap too.
mk

Better yet you can just filter the cross-posts.

For example with http://www.nfilter.org/

It works with any newsreader.

Set it to drop anything cross-posted (3 or more groups is good to start),
none of those messages are worth reading.

The site's faq should explain everything.

Old May 22nd 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

In article "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com writes:
Likewise do I use OE, and all the newsgroups one is posting to are clearly
listed in the outgoing header. In the heat and hurry of banging out a quick
response, we (I) usually don't bother to look there, hence mea culpa.

Most newsclients allows one to discard all posts that are cross-posted to
some particular newsgroups automatically. If that is the case you should
set it up such that all articles cross-posted to soc.culture.greek and
soc.culture.turkish are discarded. There are a few other groups that
should be disregarded. I do not know whether OE can do that, but doing
that would solve the major part of the irritation. (Yes, I do not use
OE. I still use 'rn' the second newsreader ever published, and that one
can do the discarding as I outlined.)

This all from an RCC perspective.