Opinion Wanted on Euro Coin Set

Old March 6th 04, 11:24 PM
PCameron

Default Opinion Wanted on Euro Coin Set

Is this worth what it is going for (IYO)?

I am curious about Vatican Euro sets. Anyone know where I can get more
information?

--
CIA DEA DIA FBI KGB NSA WMD TLA

Old March 7th 04, 01:40 AM
Christian Feldhaus

PCameron wrote:

Is this worth what it is going for (IYO)?

Eeek, no. According to the description, that is not a coin set issued by
the Vatican but a single big "coin" (medal?) with mini-versions of the
Vatican coins built into it ...

I am curious about Vatican Euro sets. Anyone know where I can get more
information?

The Vatican's Numismatic Office has a website with some info:
http://www.vatican.va/vatican_city_s...s/index_it.htm
And then, come back here and ask :-)

Christian
Old March 7th 04, 02:21 AM
Scot Kamins

In article ,
(Christian Feldhaus) wrote:

The Vatican's Numismatic Office has a website with some info:
http://www.vatican.va/vatican_city_s...s/index_it.htm
And then, come back here and ask :-)

Oh, I don't know. Seems perfectly clear to me:

"DEUTSCH****** ITALIANO**** FRANÇAIS
*

IMPORTANT NOTICE* FOR* COLLECTORS
THE ORDERS OF THE NUMISMATIC ISSUES OF APRIL 10th 2003 WILL BE FILLED
ACCORDING TO AVAILABILITY AND IT WILL BE GIVEN ONLY ONE SET FOR TYPE.

MOREOVER AS FOR AS REGARDING THE ABOVE MENTIONED NUMISMATIC ISSUES, IT
IS NOT FORSEEN THE INSERTION OF NEW NAMES UNTIL CONTRARY COMMUNICATION.
IT WILL BE CONSIDERED ONLY REQUEST OF PERSONS WHO ARE ALREADY REGISTERED
IN OUR MAILING * LIST WITH RELATIVE CODE NUMBER.

So there you go.

I for one have seen no contrary communication, and therefore assume that
my name will not be inserted as I have neglected to be previously
registered in their mailing.

Or something like that.

Scot Kamins
---
RCC's Resident Newbie Sergeant (by Special Appt from Roscoe the Wheeler)
Old March 7th 04, 02:35 AM
Harv

"Scot Kamins" wrote in message
In article ,
(Christian Feldhaus) wrote:

[...]

Here, let me translate it for you..

"You have to be on our subscription list and have a customer number before
you can buy any coins from us. Our subscription list is full so you can't
get on it anymore unless we say you can. Do you see anything on this page
that says you can? No. So you can't. You were supposed to be psychic and
know that our Mint and Proof Sets would be made in tiny numbers and gotten
on our subscriber list in 2001, when we started having our own Euro coins,
fool.." ..

The part they left out is "Even if you're on our subscription list and have
a customer number, and we send you order forms, and you fill them out and
send them back to us as fast as humanly possible, there's still a pretty
good chance you won't get what you ordered anyway, but you can try. Ha ha
ha.." ..

Harv

Old March 7th 04, 03:44 PM
Edward McGrath

Harv, have you made any financial contributions to the church other than
buying their Vatican euro set??? The church keeps tabs on what you
contribute to them as far as charitable donations are concerned and they
may perceive you as unworthy to own the holy Vatican euro set. Ed

Old March 7th 04, 04:14 PM
Christian Feldhaus

Edward McGrath wrote:

Harv, have you made any financial contributions to the church other than
buying their Vatican euro set??? The church keeps tabs on what you
contribute to them as far as charitable donations are concerned and they
may perceive you as unworthy to own the holy Vatican euro set. Ed

Ah, that explains a lot. I am not religious but have OTOH ordered, and
paid for, lire denominated coins from the UFN before. _Thousands_ of
lire, I might add ...

Christian

Old March 8th 04, 12:33 AM
Christian Feldhaus

Harv wrote:

Here, let me translate it for you..

Hee hee :-) Today I noticed an eBay auction of ... no, not the Vatican
euros. Not even an order form for Vatican euros, but -- a copy of an
original order form:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=3902005232

Only 25 available. So act now g.

Christian
Old March 8th 04, 03:56 AM
Harv

"Christian Feldhaus" wrote in message
Harv wrote:

Here, let me translate it for you..

Hee hee :-) Today I noticed an eBay auction of ... no, not the Vatican
euros. Not even an order form for Vatican euros, but -- a copy of an
original order form:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=3902005232

Only 25 available. So act now g.

Christian

If you think that's nuts.. look at this.. and put a soft pad on the floor
for when your jaw drops..

Harv

Old March 8th 04, 11:34 AM
Christian Feldhaus

Harv wrote:

If you think that's nuts.. look at this.. and put a soft pad on the floor
for when your jaw drops..

And I sent such a folder (of the 2002 niobium coin) to another
collector, who had asked for it, earlier this year ... and did not
charge a single cent. Darn.

:-)
Christian