FS: Churchill Crowns $3.00 postpaid (within US)

Old October 19th 03, 11:44 PM
Jim Seymour

Default FS: Churchill Crowns $3.00 postpaid (within US)

OK, I don't know if $3.00 each is a deal or not. In fact, it seems a bit high,
but it's what I have to sell them to recoup my cost...

Last month, when Dale Hallmark wrote his Churchill essay for the essay contest,
I was inspired to seek out this "ugly" coin. After all, it seems to come up in
conversation on a regular basis - and every time it does, I wished I had one of
my own to make an informed decision.

Here's a link to Dale's essay, by the way: http://tinyurl.com/rixr

So, I sifted through eBay for awhile and quickly realized that most of the
Churchill crowns come from the UK (gasp!) and that shipping from there to the
colonies tends to drown the cost of the coin.

The "sensible" solution was to buy a quantity of them, pick out a couple for my
collection, then sell the rest.

These are uncirculated coins and most have nice luster. I will ship them in a
bubble envelope anywhere in the U.S. for $3.00 each postpaid. I've only got
about twenty to sell and I really want to spread the love on this one, so I
reserve the right to limit quantities.

For those who like to check my math and make sure I'm not actually making money
on this deal, here's the auction I won:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=3050446891
£18.00 + £7.50 = $43.61 (or ~$1.74 per coin). First class postage will be $0.60
+ the cost of a bubble envelope (~$0.50) results in profit of ~$0.16 per coin.
Whee! Bermuda here I come!

I can accept PayPal (but only if it's from a checking account or balance
transfer). email me at for all the gory details.

--
Jim Seymour

Old October 20th 03, 12:52 AM
Dale Hallmark

"Jim Seymour" wrote in message
[...]

I bought two from the UK and I think I gave close to $5 each
counting the shipping. I bought them separately of course, no smart
shopping for me!

Dale

Old October 20th 03, 01:17 AM
Bob Peterson

I think I bought one or two for a buck or two each, just so I could have
what is arguably the ugliest coin ever minted, although the sba comes close.

Old October 20th 03, 01:17 AM
Terry of GBIECoins

Dale wrote:
I bought two from the UK and I think I gave close to $5 each
counting the shipping. I bought them separately of course, no smart
shopping for me!

I typically start an entire 1965 BU Year Set which includes the Crown, a London
Postcard all inside of a F.A. Dyson holder on eBay for between $3.95 & $5.
Sometimes they don't sell for much more than that.

I'm not attempting to divert sales from the poster of message number 1, but
when he's exhausted his supply of Crowns, feel free to write me if interested
in an entire 1965 BU Year set.

Actually, if you are a member of WINS, our current monthly auction has one of
the sets up, presently.

http://www.winsociety.org/

Scan at:

http://members.aol.com/gbiecoins/scans/1965_BU_Set.jpg

- or -

http://tinyurl.com/rj82

If you are not a member of WINS why not consider joining. The monthly auction
is only one of the fine features of our Club.

GBIECoins at aol dot com ~ http://members.aol.com/gbiemail/Index.htm
Nummorum Famulus ~ Purveyors of British & Other Quality Coinage

Old October 20th 03, 06:48 PM
Mat

Stujoe wrote in message t...
I have one and,

Ewww unfortunate! It will get better keep taking the medication.

if you don't, you are missing out on one 'interesting'
looking coin. ;-)

No comment... ;-)

Sylvester

Who only got one because i bought a bag full of other coins and whilst
sorting through them, well tipping the bag up so that they all came
clattering out and lo and behold out it fell...nearly threw it out of
the window. :-)
Old October 29th 03, 03:59 PM
Ed E.

Hi Jim,
I would like to purchase one from you if you have any left? I am quite behind
on the ng.
Thanks!
Ed Eubanks
Old October 30th 03, 03:22 AM
George D

Ed E. wrote:
Hi Jim,
I would like to purchase one from you if you have any left? I am quite behind
on the ng.
Thanks!
Ed Eubanks

Ed welcome back. The lost collector and researcher has returned......

--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

"A Native American grandfather was talking to his grandson about how he
felt. He said, I feel as if I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One
wolf is the vengeful, angry, violent one. The other wolf is the loving,
compassionate one. The grandson asked him, Which wolf will win the
fight in your heart? The grandfather answered, The one I feed."

Please use this address to mail me. Or remove the arizona in the link.
Remember there is no Arizona.

ALL emails incoming and outgoing are run thru Norton and AVG anti virus.

Old October 30th 03, 06:13 AM
Jim Seymour

Ed E. wrote:
Hi Jim,
I would like to purchase one from you if you have any left? I am
quite behind on the ng.
Thanks!
Ed Eubanks

Sure, I've got several left. I'll email the details...

--
Jim Seymour

Old October 30th 03, 09:57 AM
Wheeler

"Ed E." wrote:

Hi Jim,
I would like to purchase one from you if you have any left? I am quite behind
on the ng.
Thanks!
Ed Eubanks

Jim, I too am behind on my reading, Could you email me with the
details if you have a couple more to sell?
Thanks
Wheeler.... (Roscoe) Ebay- 1Wheeler

"We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out."
Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962.