New abebooks Layout

Old April 29th 04, 11:57 PM
MindElec

Default New abebooks Layout

there's a new layout for the searchs and the results pages.

personally i always hate it when things get moved around, eyes get
used to moving to the same spot.

all i see added on the search page is a spliting of publisher and date
with a range allowed for date. that will be usefull sometimes, but
not often. the results page looks radically different with additional
search info on the right and the price now right after the title.

any other comments?

Robert

--

The sound of gunfire, off in the distance, I'm getting used to it now
Lived in a brownstone, lived in the ghetto, I've lived all over this town
Old April 30th 04, 12:49 AM
R. Totale

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:57:45 -0500, MindElec wrote:

there's a new layout for the searchs and the results pages.

personally i always hate it when things get moved around, eyes get
used to moving to the same spot.

all i see added on the search page is a spliting of publisher and date
with a range allowed for date. that will be usefull sometimes, but
not often. the results page looks radically different with additional
search info on the right and the price now right after the title.

any other comments?

Robert

I'm so used to seeing author first, then title that my eyes get all
crossed.

Old May 4th 04, 08:19 PM
MindElec

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:55:19 -0500, John A. Stovall
declared:

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:57:45 -0500, MindElec wrote:

there's a new layout for the searchs and the results pages.

personally i always hate it when things get moved around, eyes get
used to moving to the same spot.

all i see added on the search page is a spliting of publisher and date
with a range allowed for date. that will be usefull sometimes, but
not often. the results page looks radically different with additional
search info on the right and the price now right after the title.

I didn't find the "refine search" option. I had to back the page my
browser but was happy to see it had keep the earlier entered
information. I wouldn't want to do this if I was several page down
into a search list.

actually it moves about. if your search has results it's on the
right, if your search shows no results it's in the center.

I don't care for the Down and Over form lay out but would rather just
go down it.

agreed.

Robert