PING-DeserTBob-seriously...

Old December 15th 05, 02:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Default PING-DeserTBob-seriously...

You should get rid of that Honda, and buy something larger and safer.
If you and your wife ever get in an accident in that car, you're gonna
be DEAD MEAT. They'll have to cut you out of there like sardines.
Those cars are dangerous- and with the fleet of SUV's and trucks on the
roads today, someone else can very well drive right over you.

Buy a GM product, like a Buick or Caddy sedan. They now get well over
25 MPG on the highway, and 20 MPG in the city- and the ride and comfort
level will far surpass that Honda. Some of them will get even better
mileage than that. Per dollar spent you can't beat a Saturn sedan,
lightweight plastic body panels that never rust and 30 MPG city no
problem.

You're basically riding on a sheet metal plate on 4 wheels there, with
that Honda. Like a kid's go-kart.

Old December 15th 05, 06:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

http://www.cei.org/pdf/2353.pdf#search='dangers%20of%20small%20cars'

small cars are really unsafe- Ricky and DB got suckered into buying gas
misers, that are coffins on wheels- I'd trade up to a full frame GM
soon, if I was you fellas...

Old December 15th 05, 06:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

compared to the safety factor of an American car...the fella that
purchased some T-bird parts from me, who has 60+ cars in his
collection- attested to this

"The 61-66 Bird and 61-68 (maybe 69??) Lincoln are about the worlds
most indestructable cars. I have over 60+ cars in my
collection--mostly Lincolns, Birds, Cadillacs, a few Jeeps,
Corvettes--and a 99Freightliner Classic 18 wheeler. In years past, I
have stripped out a number of Birds. I once had a 66 Bird that was
squarely hit in the rear, the tailights were even with the back
window--and the doors still opened and latched--try that for today. It
was almost impossible for another vehicle to get inside the passenger
compartment of one of these cars--maybe a locomotive could grind one
up. Even side impacts could rarely get over the edge of the seat. In
today's cars, the car breaks in half."

That says it all, quite bluntly.

Old December 15th 05, 06:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Default PING-DeserTBob-seriously...Crash Test ratings.

66FOURDOOR wrote:
http://www.cei.org/pdf/2353.pdf#search='dangers%20of%20small%20cars'

small cars are really unsafe- Ricky and DB got suckered into buying gas
misers, that are coffins on wheels- I'd trade up to a full frame GM
soon, if I was you fellas...

Sorry Charlie, I didn't get suckered into anything. My descision to buy
a CRV was based on hours of research and talking to owners of CRV's.

CRV crash test rating is as follows:

Drivers Side 5 Front Occupant 5

Passengers Side 5 Rear Occupant 5

That's 5 out of 5, it doesn't get any better.

Pontiac Grand Prix crash rating as follows:

Drivers Side 3 Front Occupant 3

Passengers Side 4 Rear Occupant 3

So much for GM being safe.

Old December 15th 05, 07:01 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

http://www.aiada.org/publications.as...20&pub=FirstUp

wow, side impact dangers...you guys are risking your lives, daily

Old December 15th 05, 07:04 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

66FOURDOOR wrote:
http://www.aiada.org/publications.as...20&pub=FirstUp

wow, side impact dangers...you guys are risking your lives, daily

Doesn't apply to what I drive.

BTW, the link you gave also says this:

"Japanese Autos Rule Consumer Reports' "Best Cars" List"

Way to go retard! You gave a link that confirms what we've been saying
all along. THANKS!

Old December 15th 05, 07:10 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

you really believe consumer reports ?

that is very foolish on your part- the best way to rate a car, is buy
it and drive it yourself.

Jap econo cars are just that- econo- cheap

want a good foreign car ?

get a Jaguar or Mercedes. Definitely NOTHING Japanese.

take a stroll through the local salvage yard, and see what happens to
Jap cars when they are about 5 years old

JUNK

Old December 15th 05, 07:10 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

result- Jap cars- deathtraps

Old December 15th 05, 07:26 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

66FOURDOOR wrote:
you really believe consumer reports ?

YOU posted the damn link, not me.

And I'd believe Consumer Reports over Charlie Nudo any day.

that is very foolish on your part- the best way to rate a car, is buy
it and drive it yourself.

That's exactly why I don't buy GM anymore. Using that advice has shown
me what **** they are.

Jap econo cars are just that- econo- cheap

So says Charlie Nudo, he's right and everyone else is wrong...again.

want a good foreign car ?

get a Jaguar or Mercedes.

Holy crap, are you serious? Good lord, the quality of those cars has
went straight down the toilet in recent years.

Definitely NOTHING Japanese.

take a stroll through the local salvage yard, and see what happens to
Jap cars when they are about 5 years old

OMG, you are making me laugh so hard I can hardly type.

JUNK

So sayeth NUDO!

Old December 15th 05, 07:43 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On 15 Dec 2005 11:04:29 -0800, "R. White"
wrote:

66FOURDOOR wrote:
http://www.aiada.org/publications.as...20&pub=FirstUp

wow, side impact dangers...you guys are risking your lives, daily

Doesn't apply to what I drive.

BTW, the link you gave also says this:

"Japanese Autos Rule Consumer Reports' "Best Cars" List"

Way to go retard! You gave a link that confirms what we've been saying
all along. THANKS! snip

ROFLMAO! Rick bitch slaps Noodles once more, and Noodles loves it!

The trick to avoiding "side impact" situations is to do what I learned
in National Safety Coucil classes for years when driving commercially:
DRIVE DEFENSIVELY. You have to always assume that all the other guys
on the road are Charlie Nudos. Thus, you have to figure that they're
all idiots, will run red lights, will blow stop signs, will do
ANYTHING to hit you due to their own stupidity and neglect.

Works for me...haven't had an accident of any kind on over 36 years,
and my insurance on ALL my rolling stock is less than $500 per year,
including the new car!

I wonder if Noodles even HAS insurance? In California, no
insurance...go to jail!

dB