Think I'll just take a break

Old October 30th 03, 12:16 AM
Bob Peterson

"Larry Louks" wrote in message
newstYnb.45167$ao4.106513@attbi_s51...
WinWinscenario wrote:
Don't leave out Hate Radio!!

I thought the mario cuomo bore-a-thon had been cancelled.

Tom, you're a nut! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

Larry

Old October 30th 03, 04:59 AM
Wheeler

Jerry Salley wrote:

SNIP
I know, this is a newsgroup and it doesn't have to be
friendly. But this is my life, I don't have to deliberately let profanity,
stupidity, and rage in it.
Some of you I'll miss. You won't miss me. I haven't posted enough to
matter...

Bye

Very wise and thoughtful..... Why don't you stick around for a few
more weeks and let things cool off..... They will..... This is a
very nice group compared to some of the newsgroups that I have been
involved with. Try drag racing..... There is one that will have you
wanting to kill before you can shut your computer off..... Stick
around for awhile. I have started to leave a few times and am glad
that I did not, I am all the wiser for sticking around. I always
learning something new about coins from the posters.

====================
Wheeler.... (Roscoe)

"We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out."
Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962.
Old October 30th 03, 07:41 PM
Bob Flaminio

Ric Burney wrote:
What newsreader do you use? I've tried a few, and haven't found
anything I really like yet. I currently access through google but
can't stand it either.

Looking at Chrysta's headers:

Googling... try he

http://lightning.prohosting.com/~tba...ty/start1.html

--
Bob

Old October 30th 03, 10:23 PM
John Long

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:46:20 -0800, Ken Barr wrote:

In article ,
(Phil DeMayo) wrote:

"Jerry Salley" wrote in part:

Watching the latest posts concerning Frank provides a wonderful
example of the different types of members on this group.

The vast majority of the posts to the threads that you most likely
found
objectionable are not coming from RCC....those posts were cross-posted
from other newsgroups. Many of the rspondents are from those groups.

Gee, I wonder why this is happening?

Perhaps because SOMEBODY is ADDING r.c.c to the newsgroup list
when responding to articles posted in a.m.o.e (alt.marketing.
online.ebay). In fact, it just happened this morning, when an
article single-posted to a.m.o.e by "SgtDeath" was followed up by
SOMEONE, ADDING r.c.c to the newsgroup list in the process ...

I won't say who did this, but his initials are F. P. ...

So why does Frank keep doing it? People have asked him, told him,
ordered him, pleaded with him to stop crossposting all this
you-know-what from the other group, yet he keeps on doing it. Why?
For the attention? Maybe it's fun to see one's own name on the
subject lines of at least 3 or 4 different messages, some with almost
200 follow-up replies under the original post. Maybe some people are
dying for attention and they'll take it any way they can get it.

John