"all write" ringtop

Old January 18th 08, 04:51 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Barutan Seijin

Default "all write" ringtop

This summer i found a lapis ringtop at a flea market. It sports the
name "All Write" and has a #2 warranted nib.

Does anyone know anything about "All Write" pens?

Old January 20th 08, 02:55 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Brian Ketterling[_2_]

On Jan 17, 11:51 pm, Barutan Seijin wrote:
Does anyone know anything about "All Write" pens?

That's a good question! Here on the newsgroup, I think the autumn
before last, Harry F. Leopold had a similar question. Nothing
conclusive came up -- "All Write" (and "All-Write") seems to have been
one of those knockaround names that was use and reused for low-end
pens made by Waterman and Cross, as well as any number of third-tier
and job-shop makers. Harry Leopold _may_ be the HLeopold currently on
the Fountain Pen Network -- you could ask him if he ever turned up any
info. You could also try the historians on the Lion & Pen.

Brian
Old January 22nd 08, 08:10 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Harry F. Leopold

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 20:55:20 -0600, Brian Ketterling wrote
(in article
):

--

Yep, still trying to find anything about the brand or the company that may
have made it. So far not a thing.

--
Harry F. Leopold
aa #2076

"I've got a pen and I'm not afraid to use it."-Charles R Ward

Old January 22nd 08, 08:15 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Harry F. Leopold

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:51:05 -0600, Barutan Seijin wrote
(in article ):

This summer i found a lapis ringtop at a flea market. It sports the
name "All Write" and has a #2 warranted nib.

Does anyone know anything about "All Write" pens?

I have a senior sized "ALL WRITE" but haven't been able to find out anything
about the maker, nor even where it came from. Almost certainly from the US,
and certainly from the 1930's or thereabouts, but nothing else.

Sorry, I wish I could help you out more, but I have not had any luck in
finding a thing.
--
Harry F. Leopold
aa #2076

³No gods were physically harmed during the making of this post. However
nothing was in the contract about emotional or psychological harm.²

Old January 28th 08, 01:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Barutan Seijin

Am 22 Jan 2008, Harry F. Leopold schrieb:

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:51:05 -0600, Barutan Seijin wrote
(in article ):

I have a senior sized "ALL WRITE" but haven't been able to find out anything
about the maker, nor even where it came from. Almost certainly from the US,
and certainly from the 1930's or thereabouts, but nothing else.

Sorry, I wish I could help you out more, but I have not had any luck in
finding a thing.

Thanks for checking in anyway.

Mine has a warranted nib with a triangle stamped on it. I'm guessing
it's an older warranted nib.

Old January 28th 08, 11:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Harry F. Leopold

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 07:41:32 -0600, Barutan Seijin wrote
(in article ):

Am 22 Jan 2008, Harry F. Leopold schrieb:

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:51:05 -0600, Barutan Seijin wrote
(in article ):

I have a senior sized "ALL WRITE" but haven't been able to find out anything
about the maker, nor even where it came from. Almost certainly from the US,
and certainly from the 1930's or thereabouts, but nothing else.

Sorry, I wish I could help you out more, but I have not had any luck in
finding a thing.

Thanks for checking in anyway.

Mine has a warranted nib with a triangle stamped on it. I'm guessing
it's an older warranted nib.

That nib is one reason I wanted to find out who made the pen, mine is a
fairly broad medium that is nicely flexible and quite smooth. Just about as
good a nib as I have lucked into even if I am not a fan of broader nibs.

The other reason was to try and find a pocket clip or at least find out what
type of clip it had so I can more easily carry it, but that is not really
necessary since I tend to carry a 2 or 3 pen case most of the time.
--
Harry F. Leopold
aa #2076

"Faith may not move mountains, but you should see what it does to
skyscrapers..." - PanamaFloyd