5-Coin Collector's Box does it hold with or without the box that it comes in?

Old August 15th 03, 05:46 AM
Barney

Default 5-Coin Collector's Box does it hold with or without the box that it comes in?

I would like to get that box from the Mint that holds 10 years worth of the
5 State proof quarter sets.

http://catalog.usmint.gov/wcs/wcs_co...tDisplay&query
string=prnbr;P83+prmenbr;1000+cgnbr;2100+parentCat egory;,00.html

Does anyone know if they hold the quarter sets with or without the
individual boxes that the sets come in?

Does it hold 10 years of P&Ds? Or would I need two sets of Collector boxes
to do that?

If I wanted another box to hold 10 years worth of the Silver sets, would it
fit in one of thoes 5 coin collector's boxes?

Is there anything from the Mint that can hold 10 years of P&Ds uncirculated
sets? I know they will not fit in the same type of box collector box
simply because the size of the packaging is different.

Thanks!

Barney
Old August 15th 03, 06:04 AM
Nooker

the special 50 State collector boxes hold the entire package (50 State
quarter sets, both P&D) & outer box.

the Mint Proof set collector boxes hold the proof sets, either Silver or
Clad (P&D & outer box). These full Proof Sets will NOT fit into the 50
State Collector Boxes.

each collector box will hold 10 items.

Mark

Old August 15th 03, 05:09 PM
Barney

"Nooker" wrote in
:

the special 50 State collector boxes hold the entire package (50 State
quarter sets, both P&D) & outer box.

the Mint Proof set collector boxes hold the proof sets, either Silver
or Clad (P&D & outer box). These full Proof Sets will NOT fit into
the 50 State Collector Boxes.

each collector box will hold 10 items.

Ok, I got it. However, even though I was the first to mention it, I don't
think there are P&D proof sets, only S mint coins.

I called the Mint and they are out of the Proof Boxes.

Barney
Old August 15th 03, 07:27 PM
Edward McGrath

I called the mint a year ago to buy some boxes to hold the 10 year
silver sets and they said they are sold out and not going to offer any
more of the boxes that hold all 10 years worth of silver sets. I should
have bought more boxes when I had the chance but I thought they would be
available for at least as long as the 50 state quarter program was
active : (

Old August 15th 03, 10:08 PM
Eldon Wakefield

I would like to get that box from the Mint that holds 10 years worth of the
5 State proof quarter sets.
We got one from the mint about a month ago

--
Eldon Wakefield

http://rcoin1.tripod.com/

Old August 16th 03, 09:10 AM
ftecaw

"Nooker" wrote in message
the special 50 State collector boxes hold the entire package (50 State
quarter sets, both P&D) & outer box.

Welp, if you're into coin collecting because of the 50 state quarters, it's
appropriate to say to you **** off.

Otherwise, have a nice day.

Old August 17th 03, 05:22 PM
Barney

Alan & Erin Williams wrote in
:
Whatever
happened to FIVE CENT SODA POP IN GLASS BOTTLES???

I'm sure they are still out there somewhere where ever glass bottles are
sold. According to the Inflation Conversion Chart, that 5 cents from 1945
is worth .50 cents as of June 30th 2002. You could probably find a six
pack for ~ 3$.

Barney